Chapter 58

Tw:
Homophobia

George's Pov:

"Aaaaaand TOUCHDOWN!!"

"And with that, the game is over!"

"FERAL BOYS WON 27 - 24!!"

"A really close call if you ask me!"

I can't believe it. Our team has actually won! I see everyone jumping around, happier than I've ever seen them before.

I take a glance at the sbi team, surprisingly they don't seem that mad at all. Well except for Tommy who looks really disappointed in himself.

But the others, Technoblade for example, just look happy for our team. I see him walking towards Dream, then shaking his hand.

I turn my attention back to the rest of our team and that's when I notice that Sapnap is running towards me. For a second I think he's going to talk to me, but instead he walks right past me, going for his bag.

Is he going to reveal the surprise he was talking about earlier? I thought about opening the bag and taking a peek inside, but I didn't want to take the risk of starting yet another fight with him. We fight enough about the stupidest things already.

He's taking out a piece of fabric, I can't see exactly what it is though. And before I can take a better look at it, he's already running towards the field again.

And while he's running, he lets it unfold, revealing a big rainbow flag. He holds his hands up, letting it wave around in the air. Is he crazy!? How are all the people going to react??

I look at the crowd, trying to figure out what their reactions are. To my surprise, they're really mixed. I see some people making disgusted faces, others just look confused. But some even start cheering!

My eyes fall back onto Sapnap, he's now getting a piggy back ride from Punz, holding the flag up as high as he can, a huge grin on his face.

"FUCK YEAH!" Karl shouts on top of his lungs. Shortly followed by a "Language!" from coach Bad.

Karl just ignores him and takes Quackity's hand, pulling him closer to himself. And then he kisses him. Infront of everyone.

My heart starts to race and I look back at the crowd. I don't know exactly what I'm searching for or what I expect. But nothing really has changed, their reactions are still just as mixed as before.

I turn to our team. My eyes meet Dream's. He's smiling at me and for a moment, we're just staring at each other. I want to be able to kiss him infront of everyone, too. But I'm not ready for that yet. I don't think he is either.

He signals me to get on the field aswell. I look at him confused. Am I even allowed to be on there? But he just signals me even harder. I guess I am.

After shooting him another confused look, I get up and make my way over to them. I feel like everyone's staring at me, but I try to tune it out, concentrating on the fact that our team just won. The fact that Dream is standing there, waiting for me to celebrate with them.

I stop right infront of him, staring up at his shining green eyes. "You won!" I grin at him.

"Yeah! We did!" His face lights up even more, and before I can react, he pulls me into a hug. Squeezing so tightly that I feel like I can't breathe.

"Dream, I can't breathe!" I try to free myself from his grip, and when he notices, he lets go almost immediately.

I give him another smile. And we stare at each other again. After a few seconds he drops his gaze and looks at the bleachers. "Want to go somewhere quieter?"