Chapter 30

George's Pov:

We finished eating almost all the cupcakes. Dream said we should leave some for his parents aswell, so we did. Now Drista, Dream and I are in the livingroom, watching some show I don't really know, nor care about.

Drista made herself comfortable on the armchair and Dream and I are cuddled up on the couch. I'm laying on his chest, he's doing something on his phone, a blanket thrown over us.

I like being so close to him, it makes me feel safe. Hearing his heartbeat, listening to him breathe, I could never get tired of it. He's always so warm, it's so comfortable.

I can't believe how lucky I am. I never would have thought I'd actually be in a relationship with him, wearing his clothes, getting all of his attention, kissing him. It all happened so quick. I'm not complaining though.

I feel Dream softly stroking my back under the blanket. He's still just on his phone, I don't think he even notices that he's doing it.

To be honest, I'm glad that we've gotten comfortable with each other again so quick. I like it better when he's all cocky and makes stupid jokes. It just feels right.

That's just how we are. He makes stupid jokes and I get flustered. He knows that I secretly like them though.

It still feels a bit weird that Drista knows, but I'm glad that she didn't have a bad reaction, I was really worried about that.

With all the homophobia we've been getting from other students... it just really made me cautious. I'm scared of people finding out. Really scared.

I just hope Techno keeps his word and won't tell anyone. He seems really nice, but who knows how he's going to be if we win a game against his team. I don't know him that well, maybe I should ask Dream a bit more about him.

My eyes feel heavy, I close them, burying my head into Dream's chest. He moves his hand up to my hair and caresses it. It's so calming that I start to fall asleep almost instantly.

_______________________________________

Dream's Pov:

George is fast asleep in my arms, when my parents come home. They always come home pretty late because they work so much. Wait. How late is it?

I look outside the window, it's pitch black. How long have we been watching that show? "Drista. It's 10 pm! You should be in bed." My mom crosses her arms, raising her eyebrows at Drista.

"I'm not a little kid anymore! I'm in highschool now. I should be able to tell how much sleep I need." My mom doesn't even answer anything, she just points at the stairs.

Dirsta gets up and heads for the stairs, not in the mood for an argument. Good choice. While she does so, my mom's eyes fall onto me and George.
"Why is George still here? Do you know how late it is?"

My dad leaves the livingroom, way too tired for all of this. "Yes, you just told us. I'm sorry, we kinda lost track of time." I pull the blanket away from us, getting ready to wake up George.

"He's not staying over today. We can't have people around our house all day, every day. You already had a sleepover with Sapnap here yesterday. I have to draw the line somewhere." My mom rubbs her forehead, she seems really stressed, it probably was a bad work day.

I feel so sorry for making things even more stressful. "I understand. I'm sorry. I'll drive him home, okay?" I carefully start sitting up.

George slowly opens his eyes, looking up at me. "What's going on?" I give him a sympathetic frown, I feel bad for having to wake him up. "I have to drive you home. You can't stay tonight."