Prologue

A bright light seeping through the leaves of the trees, illuminating a small girl laying on the ground with her eyes closed. Her h/c gently moves following the rhythm of the wind.

Her eyes starts to move as she slowly opens them. She blinks a few times as if she just awoken from a deep slumber. She slowly sits up and looks down at her body. She lift her hand and notice how small they are.

She starts tearing up as soon as she realizes she's all alone. "Where am I?" She said. She slowly stands up. Her feet wobbles a little as if she's been laying down for a long time. Eventually, she falls on her knees as she looks around.

"Anyone? Please... I'm scared..." she whimpered, in a shaky voice. She shakes her head. She refuses to give up. She forced her body to stand up. She walks up to a tree and starts to jump, trying to grab the leaves from the tree.

She let out a small cheer when she manage to get it. She pulls it off, stumbling and falls on her butt after managing to pull the leaves off the tree. "Ow..." she said, rubbing her butt a little. She sloppily starts to wrap the leaves vine around her body.

She slowly makes her way through the forest, while looking around. She's hoping to find any sign of life, because being alone terrifies her. She wants to cry, but she force herself to hold it in.

***

She's been walking for who knows how long. She can feel her feet aching from exhaustion but she pushes her body to keep going. She knows that if she stops, it will be harder for her to keep going if the day turn dark.

Eventually, she manage to come into a clearing. Her eyes lit up as she notice a small village. The village is surrounded with water.

"Finally

"Finally..." she breathed out. She walks forward and stumbles on a branch. She let out a yelp as she starts falling down the hill. She lands on her stomach. She let out a cry of pain from the impact.

Through her blurry vision, she can see a shadowy figure. "H-Help..." she said, in a weak voice while outstretching her hand. Her hand eventually fall limp on the ground as her vision starts to grow blurrier. Until she finally lets herself sinks into the darkness.

Time-skip

The little girl slowly opens her eyes, she realizes she is in a small hut. She looks around with a confused and curious eyes. The person she saw through her blurry vision must be the one who took her here.

She wince in pain. She lift her hands, noticing the bandages made from some kind of skin wrapped around her arm. She let her arms dropped to her side as she try to ignore the pain in her body.

"I see you're finally awake, little girl..." a gentle voice said. She turns her head to see a woman. "W-Who... are you?" She said. The woman smiles as she take a seat next to the girl.

"My name is Akari... and what is your name?" She said, smiling softly. "My... my name?" The little girl said. The woman nods her head. The little girl just shakes her head.

"I... I don't remember" she said. The woman frown at what she said. "You don't remember?" She said. The little girl just nods her head, making the older woman just nods her head.

"How about I call you Y/N?" She said. The little girl blinks her eyes at the name given. "Okay..." she said, making the woman smiles. "Okay, Y/N... do... do you remember anything?" She asked. The little girl just shakes her head. She starts to tear up. The woman gently caress her head.

"It's okay... don't force yourself, okay?" She said. Y/N just nods her head. She slowly turns her head and looks past Akari, noticing two unfamiliar figures standing by the entrance. Akari notices her gaze and turns around.

"Ah... Ruri, Kohaku... come here. It's okay" she said. The two girl cautiously walks inside the hut. The two of them have blond hair and blue eyes. Akari smiles softly at the two girls.

"Ruri, Kohaku... this is Y/N. She don't remember her name so I named her" she said. The two girls turns to look at the girl, who's still laying on the bed. Y/N eyed the two of them curiously. Ruri is the first to recover from her daze. She kneels down next to Y/N.

"Hi... my name is Ruri and this is my little sister, Kohaku" she said. Y/N blinks her eyes at Ruri and smiles softly. "Hello, Ruri... Kohaku" she said, softly. Ruri's eyes glimmered in excitement. Kohaku smiles softly at Y/N.

"Where did she come from, mom?" She said. Akari turns to look at Ruri. "I found her by the bridge... so I took her here. Please keep her company, okay? I'm going to go and grab her something to eat. She must be hungry" she said. Ruri and Kohaku nods their head at their mother's request. Akari smiles at the two girls. She stands up and walks out of the hut.

Time-skip

Y/N is joined by a new person, a man name Kokuyo. He introduce himself as the village's chief and the father of Ruri and Kohaku. Y/N is currently eating the food Akari brought for her. She hadn't realized how hungry she is until she takes the first bite.

"Eat slowly, young girl..." Kokuyo said. She just let out a nervous laugh as she chews on the food, slower this time. Kokuyo let out a laugh at the little girl's action.

"So you don't remember anything?" He asked. Y/N just shakes her head, sadness is evident in her eyes. Kokuyo hums softly and lifts his hand, gently placing it on top of the girl's head. She froze slightly, but soon relaxes when Kokuyo starts caressing her h/c locks.

"You don't have to worry, little girl. You can stay here... in this village. I'll take care of you..." he said. His wife who's sitting next to him with Kohaku and Ruri smiles at Y/N.

"You can be a part of our family... and these girls can be your sisters" Akari said. "Sisters?" Y/N said, in a questioning tone. "Yes... and I'll be your mother..." she said. "M-Mother?" She said, tilting her head at what she said.

"That's right, honey..." she said. Y/N grins happily, knowing that she's not alone anymore. Forgetting her injuries, she stands up and wraps her arms around her new mom. Kohaku and Ruri giggles at their new sister.

Welcome to the family, Y/N

*to be continued*