Chapter 50

Previously on Chapter 49

Chrome walks up to Gen and pulls out a card. Much to his delight, he manage to pull the joker... or Gen let him get it. He let out a happy cheer because he get to take a ride on the air balloon. I smile softly at his excitement. The hot air balloon is ready to take off!

-Take Off!-

Y/N P.O.V

It's close to sunrise. I don't know why Senku chose to take off at this hour. But who am I to question him? Maybe he have a plan... he always have a plan.

Chrome and Ryusui are both already on the hot air balloon. Senku is walking around it, making sure it's good to go. I hold my hand together, as Gen stands next to me.

"Senku..." I said. He stops what he's doing and turn to look at me. "What?" He asked. I give him a smile. "Be careful up there, okay? Now that Nii-Chan is not here, you're like a second older brother to me. So, I don't know want to lose you too. Well, I know that you're not into sappy stuff, but..." I said, stopping mid-sentence. I throw my arms around his neck. He froze at my action, but didn't move to pull away.

I pull away from the hug and smiles at him. He just roll his eyes and ruffles my hair. I just swat his hand from my hair. He let out a chuckle and turn to look at Gen.

"Look after Y/N will you? You don't want her older brother to kill you, right?" He said. Gen's face turns pale at what he said. "Senku!!" I yelled out, glaring at Senku. He shakes his head and chuckles softly as I keep glaring at him. He turns around and get on the air balloon with the two other guys.

They turn on the heater, and the air balloon starts to float. Everyone who's from this era starts to let out a bunch of comments. I just let out a cheer because it's a success!

"Flying?! We're flying!! This is bad!!!" Chrome yelled out as he looks around in amazement. Kohaku and I release the rope. I wave my hands back and forth as they start to get higher.

"Take care, Senku!! Chrome!! Ryusui!!" I yelled out. Chrome waves back at me. Senku gives me a smirk. Ryusui just winks at me, which makes me cringe at the sight.

The air balloon gradually becomes smaller. I smile at them and turn around. I make my way to the cave. I enter the cave and take a seat next to the freezer. My back is leaning against it. I don't care if it's cold. It's the only way for me to feel close to my brother. I pull my knees close to my chest. I lean my head and stare at the rocky ceiling.

"Nii-Chan... Senku succeeded in making the hot air balloon. They'll be making a new map soon. Then we can find the source of the oil for the ship! Can you believe that??" I said, excitedly. Of course, I receive no respond. My lips starts to tremble. I lift my hand, covering my lips as tears starts to stream down both of my cheeks.

"After we can get the ship to work... Senku and the others will travel across the globe to find the source of the light. After that, we'll be able to save you and I'll be able to see you again!" I said, smiling softly to myself as tears keep falling from my eyes. I choke out a sob as I place my face into my arms, hugging my knees tighter.

I feel myself getting pulled into a hug. I lift my head to see I'm leaning against a chest. I can already tell who it is by the scent. "G-Gen..." I said, my voice cracks a little. He just hum softly, running his hand through my hair.

"Yeah, I'm here, love... it's okay. Just let it out..." he said, softly. I just wrap my arms around his torso, hugging him tightly. He tighten his arms around me. I bury my face in the crook of his neck.

Gen P.O.V

Y/N-Chan have been crying a lot ever since Tsukasa-Chan is put into a cold sleep. Even though she smiles and laughs... I can still see the look of pain in her eyes. I wish I could just do something take her pain away. I feel so helpless.

I pull away slightly to see Y/N-Chan is asleep after I hear a soft snore coming from her. I gently brush her hair away from her face. I cup the side of her cheek, gently wiping the remaining tears.

I gently scoop her up. I walk out of the cave, making sure to not get her soaked as I walk next to the water fall. I make my way towards my tent. I gently lay her down in my futon. I grab the blanket and pulls it up to her neck.

Senku place me as the second in command. So I have to supervise the making process of the ship. I gently caress her hair, leaning down to place a soft kiss on her forehead. I move to leave, when a hand grabs mine. I turn my head to see Y/N-Chan. Her eyes are still close.

"Don't leave me..." she said, in a hushed tone. I can't leave her right now. I gently lift the blanket, placing myself next to her. She quickly snuggles closer to my side, placing her head on my chest. I wrap my arms around her, pulling her closer.

"I'll always be here, Y/N-Chan..." I said, placing a soft kiss on the side of her head. I turn my head and notice Ruri-Chan is standing by the entrance. I lift my hand and place a finger on my lips.

"Thank you, Gen-Kun..." she said. I smile softly at her and nod my head. She turns around and walks away. I close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

We gather near the cell phone. Senku and the others have reached the village safely. I let out a soft sigh of relief, knowing my brother figure is okay. Well, not really... he told us that they got caught up in a storm and barely make it out alive.

"I'm glad you're okay, Senku-Nii..." I said. I notice Gen staring at me with a surprised expression. I turn to him. "What?" I asked. He shakes his head. "You... called Senku Nii..." he said. I shrugs my shoulders. "Well, he's been like a brother to me after him and Nii-Chan agrees to forever cease fire" I said. Senku who's on the other side of the line only chuckles. He seem like he didn't mind that I called him brother.

They'll be making the new map soon. Hopefully, we can get it done as soon as possible. So we can find that source of oil. I want to find that source of light soon, so we can bring Nii-Chan back.

Gen wraps his arm around my shoulder. I turn my head to look at him. "We'll find that oil soon... and we'll be able to save your brother" he said. I smile and nod my head in agreement. He gently cups my cheeks, leaning in to place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, kissing him back.

"I love you, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly and lean my forehead against his. "I love you too, Gen. I'm sure Nii-Chan will be proud of you, because you've made sure that I never felt alone..." I said. He just smiles and pulls me into a hug. I can't wait for my brother to come back. In the near future, I'll be able to meet him again... and I'll patiently wait for that day to come.

The End

A/N: alright! That is the end of this book! Just like the others Dr. Stone fanfic that I've created, I will be continuing this book after the 3rd season is released. Which will be next year. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you like it!!! Love ya~