Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

I turn to look any Magma who's drinking some water while breathing heavily. I glare angrily at him. We've got to stop him from winning this tournament. We can't let someone as selfish as him have Ruri-Nee.

-Victory!-

Y/N P.O.V

The next battle will be Chrome VS Mantle. I gently give Chrome's back a pat of assurance. "Good luck, Chrome... give him a lesson for tricking us" I said. He turns to look at me and nods his head. He take a deep breath and shakily walks forward.

They start to repeatedly hit each other. But nothing really special happens. I can hear someone make a comment that after watching Kinro VS Magma and how their battle was all serious. Now it's just like watching a bunch of kids fighting. Well... I couldn't agree more.

"Mantle!!" Magma yelled. I turn my head to look at him. He make a slicing motion with his index finger across his neck. "Okay!" Mantle said. Chrome yelled at him to focus.

"Ah!! Mercy!" He yelled out. My eyes widened as I soon realize what's going on. "Oh no... Kohaku..." I said. I turn my head and notice Kohaku running on the bridge.

"Due to Kohaku's absent... Senku won this round!" Jasper said. Kohaku reaches the arena and collapse on the ground. She starts to breathe heavily. Suika quickly runs towards her.

"I'm so glad!" Kohaku exclaimed, pulling the little girl into her embrace. Suika starts to cry because she thinks Kohaku lost the match because of her. But Kohaku assures her that Suika isn't the reason she lost.

The only hope we have at winning the Grand Bout is just Ginro and Chrome. But it's going to be tough for the two of them to win the battle. Ginro will be the one to fight next. He will be facing Argo.

It turns out, Ginro have kept the ingredients of the power up drink Senku was trying to make. He's sure that if he eats it raw, it will be more affective. That idiot... he's just going to ended up in the runs. But Senku shushes us, saying it's best if Ginro doesn't know anything.

Argo hits him repeatedly, causing smoke to cover up the arena where those two stands. "That doesn't do anything" Ginro said, in a confident voice. Once the smoke clears out. I wince at the sight of his beat up face.

Ginro sloppily wobbles towards Argo who backs away, staring at him with shock. I can see a slight fear reflecting in his eyes. With the cushioned part of the weapon he's holding, Ginro pushes Argo off the cliff.

Ginro lift his arms up. I bet inside his mind, he think that he looks cool. Suddenly, I hear a loud rumbling sound. Ginro's face turns pale as he turns around and runs away. I just shake my head at his antics.

The next battle will be Chrome VS Magma. The two of them make their way towards the center of the arena, facing each other. I can see Chrome glancing over his shoulder to look at Ruri-Nee. She looks so worried for Chrome.

The battle begins and Chrome rushes forward to Magma. I wince at the loud sound as Magma hits him, sending him laying on the ground. I stare at Chrome in worry as he lay on the ground. I can see the blood flowing down his nose, as he breathing heavily.

Magma starts to mercilessly beat Chrome. I have to look away because I can't watch my friend getting hurt. Chrome have always been like a brother to me. So to watch him hurting like that is painful to watch.

"He got the wrong idea..." Senku said, in a hush tone but still hears him. I turn to him, to see him staring forward. I turn my head to see Chrome. He's holding Suika's mask at the end of his weapon.

"What is he doing?" I asked. Senku turns to look at me. "He's trying to start a fire on Magma's clothes. While convex lens focuses the light. Concave will spread the light..." he said. "Which means?" I said. "It 10 billion percent won't start fire" he said. My eyes widen slightly as I turn to look at Chrome.

"No, Chrome!! You can't start a fire with concave lens!" Senku yelled out. Instead of panicking at what Senku had said, Chrome let out a chuckle. "Don't worry, Senku-Sensei... I'm a bit of a science user myself" he said. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion.

"No way... while he was crouching he was dripping water into the lens. He created convex lens with literally tears and sweats" he said. I turn to look at Chrome, with an impressed expression.

"Will it actually start fire though?" Someone said. I turn my head to see Gen, standing on a pole. Senku starts explaining what it is, only to realize who's he talking to. He turns to look at Gen.

"Asagiri Gen!" He said. Everyone turns around as well. "The smooth talker! What are you doing here?"Kohaku said. Gen just stares at us with a slight smile on his face.

"Long time~" he said

"Long time~" he said. He turns to look at me and smiles softly. I just give him a smile. He turns to look at Senku.

"Things aren't looking good right now. I need the Kingdom of Science to win. I need that Cola, you know?" He said. He proceed to ask Senku how long it will take for Chrome to start a fire on Magma's clothes.

Senku starts to calculate. His face turns all serious as he starts muttering under his breath. "60 seconds... on the dot" he said, smirking confidently. Gen jumps of the pole and runs forward. "Now it's the mentalist turn" he said.

Magma is about to hit Chrome. "Magma-Chan!!" Gen yelled out. Everyone turns to look at him. I can see a look of shocked on Magma's and Mantle's face. Gen just smirks at what he said.

"Thank you for killing me the other day..." he said. "The outsider sorcerer!" Magma said. "H-How are you a-alive!" Mantle said, looking scared. Gen just smirks at what they said.

"With sorcery, of course..." he said. He starts to do a weird hand gestures, while making weird faces. I can see flower petals appearing on the sky. He puts his hands together.

"I've put a curse on your heart. It will explode as soon as you take the first step" he said. Everyone starts murmuring among themselves. Gen have bought 60 seconds, now it's all up to Chrome.

"Hurry up, Chrome-Chan... this sorcery is draining" Gen said. I can see Chrome take a deep breath as his arms becomes steady. Smoke starts appearing on Magma's clothes.

"Pat it" Senku said, with a smirk. Magma did as told, fire instantly spreads across his clothes. He starts rolling on the ground, panicking. Chrome rushes forward and hits Magma in between his legs. Magma stumbles back and falls into the river.

"Magma, Down!!" Chrome yelled out. I let out a loud cheer. "The only one in the match is Chrome, Senku and Ginro..." Gen said. "Everyone's on our side!!" I cheered. Everyone starts celebrating, because it's a victory for the Kingdom of Science!

*to be continued*