Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

My eyes widened as something bridge starts to shine through the dark night. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Gen staring at the light with shock written all over his face. I smile softly, knowing this should be able to win him over. I turn to look at the light once again. Science truly is wonderful.

-Mysterious Assault-

Y/N P.O.V

We're all gathering inside Chrome's shed. They're all talking about a long-haired man name Tsukasa, and how he tried to kill Senku. Senku would have died if it weren't for the rejuvenation effect of the revival fluid.

"So you see Suika, Y/N-Nee this man is the reason behind Senku's death" Kohaku said. Senku let out a chuckle at what she said. "Although, I'm not dead..." he said, while rubbing his neck. That's probably where the man strikes him.

"He wants to get rid of science. He's not even the slightest bit hesitant to kill Senku!" Chrome said. "I told you, I'm not dead..." Senku said, this time he sounded a little annoyed.

"Then he's a bad person! And Gen... he's with him, which means he's bad too! But, he helped us deal with Magma, which means he's a good person..." Suika said. I turn to look at her.

"That guy is a bit confusing..." I said. Suika nods her head as she turns to me. "He's neither good or bad. He's a swallow bat of a man..." Kohaku said. "Either way... we need him to be on our side. He needs to give a bogus report to Tsukasa. That's the only way for us to win" Senku said. Chrome stands up and walks towards the window.

"You hear that, Gen?! Who cares if both Senku and Tsukasa are on edge? Who cares if who wins among them? Science obviously way more fun!!" He yelled out. I hear Gen being silence.

"My... aren't you passionate, young man. But sorry, I don't have the same passion as yours. I'm the most superficial man there is. The only thing I care for is whether it would benefit me" he said. I walk towards the window and looks out.

Gen stares at me for a few seconds. He just turns around, walking away without saying anything. I hear a low growl. I turn my head to see Kohaku holding her dagger. Senku have his hand raise, to stop her.

"Settle down, Kohaku... I'll talk to him" I said. I turn around and climb down the shed. I walk towards where Gen heads off to. He's staring at the dual hand cranked generator that Senku have made.

"You're lying... it's not because you don't care about anyone. It's because you're scared. You're scared that people would realize what you truly felt... and that's why you try to cover things up with lies, to make people see things about you the way you want them to" I said. He turns his head to look at me. I can see a look of surprise on his face. He quickly recovers, and gives me a smirk.

"My my... you talk about me like you know me well" he said, staring at me as if I just said something that amused him. I raise an eyebrow as I cross my arms across my chest.

"I don't need to know you to see through your lies. You have a habit of avoiding eye contacts. Also... you're acting a bit fidgety. Although it's only the slightest, but I've noticed it. I can see you get slightly nervous every time someone mentioned the long haired man. That alone is more than enough to let me know that you're scared of this guy. You're trying to find some sort of reassurance if Senku is able to fight that man with his weapon of science, before actually deciding to take sides. Am I wrong?" I said. He just stares at me, speechless.

"You're able to read me... even after just knowing me for one day?" He said. I just shrugs my shoulders at what he said. "How..." he said. I shake my head at what he said.

"I just like observe things... and since you're new, I'm a bit cautious about you. That's why I observed you" I said. He just stares at me, not knowing what to say.

"Senku is a man that never gives up, that I can tell by how hard he's willing to push through. You need to have faith in him. The only way to fight Tsukasa is using the weapon of science" I said.

He opens his mouth to say something back, most likely to deny what I said. I notice his eyes widened as he suddenly grabs me, pulling me out of the way. I hear a loud thud as a hand lands a hard punch on his cheek. He earns a few punches, which makes him slam on the tree. He breathes heavily as he stares at the man in front of him.

"What are you doing?! Who are you?!" I yelled out. It's really dark, which makes it hard for me to make out who it is as the person hid within the shadow. I quickly take out my dagger as an attempt to defend myself.

I feel a sharp pain on my neck. I fall on the ground as my vision grows blurry. The last thing I see is a spear stabbing Gen on his abdomen, and everything turns black.

Author P.O.V

The loud commotion attracted the attention of Senku and the others. They instantly runs towards the voice, with Kohaku holding her daggers. When they reached the place, they gasp in shock.

"Y/N-Nee!" Kohaku yelled out, as she runs towards the unconscious girl. She cradles her sister in her arms, placing a hand on her cheek. "She's okay... just unconscious... how's the smooth talker?" She said, turning to look at the others as they observe Gen.

"It's no use... he's obviously died instantly" Chrome said. "No wait..." Senku said. He pulls out the spear from Gen's abdomen. There's something attached at the top of the sharp stone.

"It's fake blood... he covered himself up with these just in case. You're really a magician, through and through..." he said. Kohaku just turn her attention towards her sister.

"Y/N-Nee?" She said. But the girl didn't respond. Senku kneels down next to them. He moves a piece of hair away from Y/N's neck, and notice a faint bruise.

"She's been hit by something dull. Whoever it is that attacks Gen must've knocked her out to avoid having a witness... come on, we have to take them back to Chrome's shed and give them a proper treatment..." he said.

Kohaku just nods her head. She picks Y/N up on her back. They all make their way back to the shed to give some treatment to the two injured people.

*to be continued*