Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

Kohaku just nods her head. She picks Y/N up on her back. They all make their way back to the shed to give some treatment to the two injured people.

-Who Am I?-

Y/N P.O.V

Dream

"Nii-Chan! Look at this cute plush!" I said, grabbing an older boy by the hand. "What is it, ___? Show it to me" he said. I start pulling him towards the shelf where I saw the plush.

"You're right... it's really cute. But, Nii-Chan don't have the money right now. Maybe next time, okay?" He said. I can feel a frown on my face. I can't see the boy's face, but I know that he's smiling at me.

"I'm sorry, ___. I promise I'll buy the plush for you when I do have money, okay?" He said, while gently patting my head. "Really?" I said. He nods his head. I lift my pinky, wanting him to give me a proper promise. He let out a chuckle and gently entwine his pinky with mine.

End of Dream

I slowly open my eyes and wince in pain. I clutch on the spot where it hurts the most, which is the back of my neck. I shut my eyes tightly as I let out a pained cry.

"Y/N-Nee... are you okay?" A voice said. I open my eyes to see a worried gaze from Kohaku. I give her a weak smile and nod my head. "Yeah..." I said. I turn my head and notice Gen laying not far from me. His body is beaten up, really badly.

"I-Is he... okay?" I said, while still staring at Gen. He seem to have some trouble to breathe. Whoever did it must have punched him with full strength. I turn to look at Kohaku as I wait for her to answer me. She nods her head.

"He's fine, Nee-San. Do you know who did it to both of you?" She asked. I just shake my head weakly. "I can't see who it was... it's too dark" I said. She just nods her head as she gently caress my hair. Suika is quick to jump out of the shed, saying that she's going to find out who's the attacker.

***

The aches on my neck have disappeared and I've felt a lot better. I'm sitting outside of the shed, leaning my back on one of the wooden pole. I just stare at the sky as the cloud drifted by.

'What was that dream? Who was that guy?' I thought to myself. I called him Nii-Chan, so the two of us is related somehow... or he's someone close to me. I wonder who he is.

Suika rolls over. "I found out who it was!!" She said. Senku praises her for her success. She starts telling us what she found out. Turns out it was Magma, and two of his minion. They're the one who attacked Gen and I last night.

"Magma... that bastard. How dare he hurt Y/N-Nee" Kohaku said, sounding very angry. I move to stand up and walks over to her. "I'm fine... Kohaku" I said, placing my hand on her shoulder. She turns to look at me and smiles sadly.

"So... he attacked Gen, mistaking him for Senku. All of that because he thinks that Gen is the rumored sorcerer that I've brought with me..." she said. I let out a hum and nod my head at what she said.

"But why is he so adamant in trying to get rid of you?" Senku said, turning to look at Kohaku. "It's probably... no, it definitely is..." I said. He turns to look at me. "What?" He said. "It's because of the Grand Bout..." I said. Kohaku starts to explain how she beats Magma to prevent him from winning the Grand Bout.

"Magma is a selfish man. He didn't want to take care of Ruri-Nee. He only wants to be the village's chief. Of course, Kohaku and I would do everything we can to prevent that from happening" I said, clenching my hands into tight fists. 

"Is that why he disowned you both?" Senku asked. I let out a chuckle and shakes my head, turning to look at Kohaku. "We're both been in a lot of troubles before" I said. Kohaku nods her head. "Yeah... but that was the last straw" she said.

"Yeah... these two are troublemakers" Chrome said. I turn to look at him and glares, making him flinch. I roll my eyes and turn to look at Senku. "Although... disowning us would be different..." I said. Senku just stare at me with a confused face.

"Different how? You're both his daughters" he said. I shake my head. "Kohaku and Ruri-Nee are... but not me. Truth be told... I'm an outsider" I said. Kohaku's face turns sad at what I said. I smile and gently wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"Outsider?" Senku questioned. I turn to look at him. "All I remember was waking up in the middle of the forest. All alone and scared. But above all I was more scared to die. So I fought through, force myself to keep going and I stumble upon this village. Kohaku's and Ruri-Nee's mother are the one who found me. She took me with her to this village and fed me, and Kokuyo... decided to adopt me and gave me shelter. I've been staying here for as long as I can remember. But I'm still an outsider" I said. Kohaku gently hits my shoulder. I let out a yelp, not because it hurts. But more like I got startled by her sudden action.

"Stop calling yourself an outsider! You're one of us since the day father announce you to be apart of our family!" She said. I let out a sigh at what she said. "I know... but no matter what, it won't change the fact that we have no blood relation. I don't even know who I was. Having to woke up without memories. All I know is that I have these stone fragments around me when I woke up in that forest. Along with this line..." I said. I slowly roll up my sleeve to show the mark.

Senku's eyes widened at the sight of the mark on my arm

Senku's eyes widened at the sight of the mark on my arm. "So... there's a high chance that you came from the same age as me. So I wasn't the first one to get un-petrified. It was you..." he said. I just shrugs my shoulders.

"You don't remember anything?" He asked. I just shake my head. "No... except for the fact that I keep dreaming or randomly seeing things in my head. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was a memory? If that's true. Maybe I have a brother before losing my memories. Because I keep calling someone 'Nii-Chan'... I feel like the worst sister because I can't remember him" I said. My voice cracks a little as I keep talking.

"It's scary, if I have to be honest with you... I don't know who I was... or where I came from. It's like, I don't have an identity. Like I'm only existing" I said. Kohaku gently wraps her arms around me, as an attempt to comfort me.

I return her hug, burying my face into her shoulder. She rubs my back gently. Tears starts to fall down my cheeks as I cry softly. I wanna know, I wanna know who I was. I hate not being able to remember anything. It's scary to not know anything.

*to be continued*