Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

"Hurry up and carry her! Don't let her walk!" Father said. They carry her using a stretcher. "Are you okay, Nee-San?" I said. She turns to look at me. "Yeah..." she said, weakly. I watch in worry as they carry her back to her spot. We have to win this Grand Bout. We have to save Ruri-Nee.

-The Grand Bout-

Y/N P.O.V

We are now waiting for them to show us who will be fighting against who. Senku said our plan will work out perfectly if Kinro and Magma are placed on a different block. It will be faster if Kohaku will be the one to fight Magma on the first round.

I clutch my hands together, praying that things will work out for us. Winning this Grand Bout, would mean we'd stop Magma from marrying Ruri. Along with getting the alcohol we need to make the drug. We HAVE to win.

"Alright... here are the battles chart" Jasper said. He moves aside to let us see it.

Everyone makes a deadpanned expressions at how the chart turned out

Everyone makes a deadpanned expressions at how the chart turned out. We're all hoping for Kinro and Magma to fight each other at the finals. But those two ended up facing on another in the first round.

At The Science Lab

"Shit, why did we become so unlucky?" Chrome said. I let out a sigh as I lean my back against the wall. "Oh well... science users didn't count on being lucky. We deal with things even if we're given the worse card" Senku said. He turns to look at us, holding a glass bottle filled with yellow liquid.

"And a Grand Bout we'll win with a scientific power up drink" he said, smirking at us. I sweat-dropped at how evil his face looks. "Another suspicious drinks" Kohaku muttered. I just nod my head.

As Senku explains what each of the ingredients will do. Ginro is behind him, eating all the ingredients. This earns him three punches on the head. I let out a soft sigh.

"Man... he ate all the sweet flags" Senku said. "Sweet flags? The ones by the rivers?" Chrome asked. Suika is quick to raise her hands, claiming she'd go and grab some. I just smile at the little girl's eagerness to help in any way possible.

***

We're now back at the arena. I stand next to Kohaku as I observe our surrounding. "I really hope this will work out. We need to cure Ruri-Nee" I said. Kohaku turns to look at me and nods her head, agreeing with me.

"This is bad!!!" Someone yelled out. We turn around to see Mantle running towards us on the bridge. He looks weird and panicking a little. A clear sign that he's up to no good.

"Little Suika fell off the river... she's drowning!!" He said. I just give him a straight face. "You're obviously lying..." I said. "10 billion percent" Senku agreed. He gulps at what we said.

"I-I'm not l-lying! I just 'happened' to be there when I saw her fall!" He said. Senku and Chrome speeds walk towards him, starting to step on him. "Do you really expect us to believe you? How can you know Suika is there if you're just 'happened' to be there in the first place?" Chrome said.

"Come back again when you're smarter. You think you can win on a brain game with the science team, you blatant idiot!" Senku said. "And if you're actually there... why'd you come all the way here? You could have just save her yourself!" I said, glaring at him while crossing my arms. Kohaku walks up to Senku, placing a hand on his shoulder. He turns to look at her.

"I know that he's lying. But if there's a slight chance he isn't... I'll be letting Suika die" she said. She turn to look at Mantle, who's still laying down. I let out a low growl when Mantle starts to grin. Kohaku turns around and runs off. She ignores everyone's protest. Well... there goes our only hope.

The Grand Bout finally begins. Chrome tries to talk to Jasper about Kohaku's absent. He said she will be disqualified if she didn't make it back in time when it's her turn to fight. I clench my hands into fists as I turn to look into the distance. Hurry up and come back, Kohaku.

Kinro and Magma walks towards the center of the arena. I don't know what they're talking about. But knowing Magma, he's probably telling Kinro to give up. Of course, Kinro would refuse to give up against someone as greedy as Magma.

The battle begins and they're evenly matched, until Magma took a step back. I hear a soft gasp and turn my head to see Suika sitting on top of the pole. My eyes widened at the sight of her.

"Suika! You're okay!" Grandpa Kaseki said. She just jump off and lands in front of Senku. "I think Kinro have the fuzzy sickness. I know because I have it..." she said. I let out a shaky breath as I turn to look at Kinro. I turn to look at Suika and drops on my knees in front of her. I pull her into a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay... are you really okay? You are not hurt, right?" I said, in a soft voice. She wraps her small arms around me. "Suika is fine, Y/N-Nee... I'm sorry for making you worried" she said. We pull away from each other.

I smile at her and gently pat her watermelon rind. Suika turns around and runs up the stairs. She starts spinning around and rolls down. She throws her mask up high. Kinro jumps up and puts it on. He instantly outmatch Magma as he beats him without mercy.

Magma lands on his back, looking pretty beaten up. I watch in silent as Magma seem to be talking about how Kinro accept the mask which is thrown at him. Kinro, being the proper man he is... decided to turn to Jasper and ask him.

Magma sneaks up behind him and hits him hard on the head. "Oh no" I said. "Kinro!!" Ginro yelled out. Jasper carries Kinro towards us. Ginro runs forward to check on his older brother.

"I'm sorry, everyone..." he said. I shake my head at what he said. "It's not your fault. Magma played it dirty..." I said. Senku nods his head at what I said. "This is a battle team. So long as one of us wins... we'll win. That's what matters the most. We can only hope that battle did enough to tire him out" he said.

I turn to look any Magma who's drinking some water while breathing heavily. I glare angrily at him. We've got to stop him from winning this tournament. We can't let someone as selfish as him have Ruri-Nee.

*to be continued*