Chapter 44

Previously on Chapter 43

"Nii-Chan..." I said in a hush voice. I place my hand on the freezer. A soft smile slowly starts to form on my face. "I will keep on smiling... just like how I promised you, Nii-Chan..." I said. I lean down, gently placing my cheek on the freezer. A lone tear fall from my left eye and onto the freezer. Keep smiling and things will get better.

-I'm Okay-

Y/N P.O.V

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Gen. "Will you come out now?" He asked. I turn to look at the freezer one more time. I turn to him and slowly nod my head. "Okay..." I said. His eyes lit up as he smiles at me.

He stand up and offers his hand to me. I gently place my hand on top of his, allowing him to pull me up to my feet. He wraps his arms around me, I just lean my head on his shoulder.

I turn my head to look at Ruri-Nee and Kohaku who are still here with us. They both look really happy. Probably because I finally agree to leave the cave. I just give the two of them a small smile.

Gen pulls away from me and gently holds my hand. "Come on... everyone will be so happy to see you..." he said. I just nod my head. He start to pull me with him. The four of us slowly makes our way out of the cave.

The brightness of the sun is too much for my eyes. I have to shade my eyes with my hand. It's probably because I haven't left the cave for days. This is the first time I step foot outside of the cave after Senku put my brother in a cold sleep.

"Y/N-Nee is here!!" Someone yelled out. I recognize the voice to be Suika's. I can see the young girl, as she make her way towards me at full speed.

"Suika..." I said, in a soft tone. She jumps into my arms as soon as she's close enough, wrapping her arms around my neck. I quickly catch her, worried that she might fall. She snuggles into my embrace.

"Y/N-Nee is back!! Suika miss you, Nee-San!" She said, happily. I give her a soft smile. "I miss you too, Suika... I'm sorry for being so closed off these past few days" I said. She shakes her head at what I said.

"Suika understand that Nee-San is hurting. But Suika is here for Nee-San. Just tell me when Nee-San needed some company!" She said, making me tear up at what she said. I just pull her into a hug again.

"Y/N!!" Someone else yelled out. I look over Suika's shoulder to see Chrome. He grins as he rushes up to me. Suika pulls away from the hug, letting Chrome hugs me.

"It's good to see you again..." he said. I just smile as I return his hug. He pulls away not long after, giving me a wide grin. I just smile at him in return.

Yuzuriha walks up to me and smiles softly. "It's good to see you're back, Y/N-Chan..." she said. I smile at her. "Thank you, Yuzuriha-Chan..." I said. She gives me a close eyes smile.

"Y/N-Chan!!!" Taiju yelled out. But before he could get any closer, a foot is placed on his face. "Don't hug her with your OP strength, you big oaf! You're going to crush her! The last thing we need is to be in another war with Tsukasa when he comes back and realize you've broke his sister's bones!" Senku yell out, still pressing his foot on Taiju's cheek. I let out a laugh as Taiju still tries to get pass Senku so he could hug me. 

I hear a whining sound. I turn my head to see Ginro. He's being held back by the collar by Kinro. He keeps on whining while making grabby hands at me.

"I wanna hug Y/N-Chan too!!" He whined loudly. I just let out a nervous chuckle as a drop of sweat falling on the side of my head. I back away, hiding behind Gen, who crossed his arms across his chest. I don't know what expression is making, since his back is facing me.

"Just what are you trying to do, Ginro-Chan? Don't make that perverted face to a girl. Especially Y/N-Chan. Did you forget that she's already taken? Y/N-Chan here is my girlfriend..." he said.

Ginro finally stops trying to get to me. He looks a little pale. At first, I'm not sure why he's looking like that. But as I move to stand next to Gen and turn to look at him, I quickly realize why.

"That's an evil face you have there, Gen

"That's an evil face you have there, Gen..." I said. He turns his head to look at me and chuckles, shrugging his shoulders. "Well, I had to scare him a little so he won't try anything on you" he said, as if it's the most obvious thing ever.

"I didn't take you to be a jealous type, Gen..." I said, shaking my head. His whole face turns bright pink at my comment. "J-Jealous? What's t-that? I'm not j-jealous" he said, nervously while looking away from me. I let out a soft giggle and poke his cheek.

"Liar~ you silly guy. You can't lie to me" I said. I let out a laugh when his cheeks turns even redder. He grabs my hand and pulls me into a kiss. I let out a gasp of surprise at his sudden move.

He pulls away from the kiss and smirks at me. "Well, well~ who's blushing now, hm?" He said. I place my hands on my cheeks, feeling how hot they are. I turn look around, realizing everyone is watching.

The realization that we're being watched makes my cheeks turns even redder. Gen let out a laugh at my reaction. He pulls me closer. I just bury my face in his chest, which vibrates due to his laughter.

When did Gen become so bold? I mean, sure he's quite a bold person due to his occupation as a mentalist. He's also known for his flimsy yet playful nature. But I didn't expect him to be THIS bold.

I pull away from the hug after I calmed down. He let out a chuckle as I pout at him. He place his hand on my head, ruffling my hair softly. I let out a sound of protest while swatting his hand away.

"Sorry, Y/N-Chan... I'm just happy to see you're back to the old you" he said. I just give him a small smile. I wasn't aware that my closed off self made everyone so worried about me. It makes me feel bad... for not realizing that so many people were affected by the way I was acting.

"I'm so sorry everyone. I didn't know that my closed off self makes a lot of you so upset. I was so convince that no one would understand my pain. I keep on thinking that I'm all alone in this. Thank you for proving me otherwise..." I said. Everyone let out a loud cheer.

Gen pulls me into a hug, joined by Ruri-Nee and Kohaku. I smile into the hug and let myself sink in deeper into their embrace. Nii-Chan... don't worry about me, I'm okay...

*to be continued*