Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"Magma, Down!!" Chrome yelled out. I let out a loud cheer. "The only one in the match is Chrome, Senku and Ginro..." Gen said. "Everyone's on our side!!" I cheered. Everyone starts celebrating, because it's a victory for the Kingdom of Science!

-Final Round-

Y/N P.O.V

The next match will be Senku VS Ginro. Ginro make his way towards Senku. He starts to attack him with full strength. My eyes widened at his action.

"Ginro. What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled out. "Because... Ruri-Chan said she'd marry anyone. I might have a shot to be the village's chief!" He said, as he keeps attacking Senku. I just give him a look of horror. He's way too scummy. We can't let anyone like him be the village's chief.

Chrome throws Suika's destroyer mask to Senku. Senku stares at the mask and let out a sigh. "I guess I have no choice..." he said, placing his weapon down, one side longer than the other.

Ginro starts to rush to him. Senku steps on the short side. He waits for Ginro to get close enough and steps on it, causing the longer side to hit right in between Ginro's legs. Ginro falls on his knees, while holding onto his crotch area. He falls forward, flat on his stomach.

All Senku have to do now is to give the victory to Chrome. Senku walks up to Chrome. "Come on and get..." he trailed off as he stares at Chrome, who's laying on the ground without moving. Everyone's eyes widened in shock at the realization.

Jasper let out a sigh. "The new village's chief and the husband of the priestess, is the winner of the Grand Bout... Senku!" He said. From Senku's expression it is clear that he doesn't like the announcement one bit.

"This is a pain... so I just have to be marry Ruri and the village is mine, right?" He said. He walks up to her, hands on his hips. "I'll do it then..." he said. Ruri's face turns red at what he said. Dad rushes forward, saying he's not going to let an outsider be the village's chief.

I clear my throat as I tap his shoulder. "An outsider, huh? So what does that make me, father? Remember that I'm not your biological child. Just like Senku... I'm also an outsider" I asked. He turns to look at me and start stumbling upon his words. Senku just pick on his ear as he shows no interest in what father is talking about.

"Wine... bring me the wine!" He said, making a hand gesture. "That's way too blunt!" Kohaku said, while Grandpa Kaseki makes a comment that he sounded like one of those people. I just give Senku a straight face.

I hear coughing sound. I turn my head to see Ruri-Nee crouching on the ground. "Ruri-Nee!" I yelled out. I rush towards her and kneels down, placing my hand on her back. Kohaku on her other side, also looking worried.

"Let's head back to the lab..." Senku said. But before we could leave, three people stops him. We have a tradition of having an all nighter party every time a new chief is selected.

"Oh, I see. Well, I'm divorcing then" he said. My eyes widened at what he said. Kohaku grabs my arm. I snap out of my shock and runs forward, grabbing the clay pot that is filled with alcohol. We run across the bridge.

"Please forgive us, Ruri-Nee!" I yelled out, as we keep running. "We'll explain later!" Kohaku yelled out too. Senku's drags Grandpa Kaseki who starts questioning when was he a agreed on being a part of the Kingdom of Science.

***

We're now standing by the small waterfall. Grandpa Kaseki made a spinning thing. "Wow... you manage to make it on the first try" I said, impressed by his success.

"What does it make?" Gen asked. I turn to look at him, and shake my head. "I have no idea" I said. Senku just chuckles at what we say. "You'll find out tomorrow" he said.

Grandpa Kaseki decides to stay behind and make sure the spinning thing won't be destroyed. I turn my head and notice Grandpa Kaseki holding Gen back by his collar.

"Are you really going to leave a weak old man like me out here alone?" He said. Gen turns to look at him and start pulling onto his shirt. "Give me a break, Grandpa!" He said. He pulls on his shirt too hard, tearing it. He froze at the sight of his muscles. "Ah... hm. Okay, sure, I'll help you" he said. I cover my mouth and let out a giggle.

"Well then... I'll accompany you too" I said, taking a seat on top of a rock. Gen turns to look at me. "Are you sure?" He asked. I smile and nod my head. He smiles at me and take a seat next to me. The others just make their way back to the lab to do their parts.

I just stare at the sky, watching as the cloud starts to drift by. I close my eyes as I let the wind gently blow my hair. My mind starts to wonder off.

Flashback

"Nii-Chan!! Look over there! That cloud looks like a bunny!" I said, pointing at a certain cloud. I turn to look at the guy next to me as we lay on the ground.

"Where? Oh, you're right, ___. That does look like a cloud!" He said, grinning at me. I turn to him and give him a wide grin. I let out a giggle and turn to look at the sky once again.

End of Flashback

Why do my mind keeps on doing that? Was that all actually my memories? Do I have a brother before I lost my memories about everything? Why can I just remember... why do I have to forget?

"Y/N-Chan?" Someone said, snapping me out of my thought. I turn my head to look at Gen. He stares at me with a worried gaze. "Why are you crying?" He asked. I tilt my head slightly. He lift his hand and gently cup the side of my cheek. He gently wipe the tears.

"Oh... I didn't even realize that I was crying..." I said, wiping the rest myself. "What was on your mind?" He asked. I turn to look at him for a brief moment, and looks down.

"Honestly, I have no idea. These things just pops up randomly every now and then. I don't know what they are. But something tells me that they were my memories. The memories I've lost" I said. He stares at me with a furrowed eyebrows.

I start to explain to him that I'm not one of the villagers. That I'm also one of the people who got revived from petrification when I was just a child.

"I think... before any of these happened and before I lost my memories, I have a brother. And I lost all of my memories about him. I can't even remember his name..." I said. I can feel my tears starts to roll down my cheeks.

Gen gently wraps his arms around me. I turn my body to face him and bury my face in the crook of his neck. He runs his hand through my hair, caressing my head softly as an attempt to calm me down.

I tighten my grip on the front of his shirt as I start to sob. It's already hard enough to wake up alone in a world I don't know. Now I just learned that there's someone I've forgotten. Even though people aren't affected most of the time by something they don't know. But this... this hurts a lot. The thought that I forgot someone, who's probably a person closest to me.

I know he's the closest to me from the memories I gained. Judging from all the random memories... I know that he loves me, because not a single one of those memories I felt upset. I was always happy and laughing. Who is he? Why can't I remember him?! This is so frustrating.

*to be continued*