Chapter 31

Previously on Chapter 30

He turns around and runs off with Chrome and Magma. I watch as their figures gradually becomes smaller. I smile sadly as I stare at where Gen was standing.

Please be okay, Gen...

-A New Ally-

Y/N P.O.V

We have to catch Homura, in order to ensure that Chrome and the others will make it safely to the enemy's territory. Which leads to where we are now. I stand next to Suika, who's staring into the distance through the telescope.

"If she'd run, she should appear somewhere there" Kohaku said, pointing at a certain direction. "I saw something moving!" Suika said. Kohaku jumps out of the window, with me following along.

It didn't take long for us to catch up with the girl. But she seem to be aware of our presence. She's quick to move out of the way as Kohaku swings her sword at her. She quickly leave, making the two of us chases after her.

I notice Senku running towards our direction on the ground. He throws something towards the sky, while letting out a chuckle. I just stare at what he had just threw.

"Curious, are we? Go ahead and feast your eyes with our new invention. Element of surprise number 2: the flare!" He said. A blinding light appear from the tool, making me cover my eyes from the light. I land on the branch and loses balance, causing me to fall on the ground.

My eyes flickers for a few seconds before going back to normal. I turn my head to look at Kohaku, to see her still looks unfocus. I guess her eyes are still a bit flickering from that light.

Homura eyed us. "Kinro, Ginro, Kohaku, Y/N, Kokuyo, Jasper, Torqoise, Suika, Kaseki, Mantle, Argo..." she said. "How did you know our names?" Suika said. I clench my hand around the hilt. She's observed us so closely.

She let out a gasp and turns around. She's quick to jump off. I furrowed my eyebrow, confused. My eyes widened in horror as I realize what that meant. She have realized Chrome, Gen and Magma aren't here. Now she's chasing after them!

I turn my head to see Senku with a device strapped on his right shoulder. He turns it on. I turn my head and notice there are light on the ground. I instantly know that it's from the scheelite gemstone. Grandpa Kaseki questioned why the light can be seen at time like this. In which, Senku explains that it's a human-made ultraviolet light; the black light.

Kohaku smirks happily. "That means we still have a chance to catch Homura" she said. I nod my head. "We don't have much time... we should operate this mission now" I said. Senku nods his head, agreeing with me. We have to catch Homura, no matter what it takes.

***

I watch as Homura falls from the tree. Kohaku is quick to catch her before she lands on the ground. "This is the information warfare, brought to you by the Kingdom of Science" Senku said, with his usual smirk.

I run towards Gen and wrap my arms around him. He let out a chuckle as he wraps his arms around me. "I'm so glad you're safe!" I said, happily. "Me too, Y/N-Chan..." he said. I pull away slightly to give him a quick kiss. He blushed and smiles at me. He gives me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Be safe now... it's going to be dangerous when you reached their territory..." I said. He nods his head at my words. "I will, Y/N-Chan..." he said. I smile at him and pulls away. He gently pat my head. He turns around and three of them proceed to continue their journey to the enemy's territory.

Time-skip

It's now the next morning. We're currently inside the observatory. I sit by the wall, leaning my back. Now, we just have to wait for Taiju and Yuzuriha to make their call.