Chapter 34

Previously on Chapter 33

Gen gasp in shock at what he said. I just stare at him with an impressed expression and excitement. With this, the tank we make will be stronger than ever! We can win this fight!!

-A Deal-

Y/N P.O.V

I make my way towards where Kohaku is. She's been staying there for a long time without any rest. I need to make sure she's well fed and hydrated. So I will be taking some drinks and meals for her.

"Kohaku..." I said, in a soft voice as to not startle her. She turns her head to look at me. "Oh, Y/N-Nee..." she said. I smile softly at her and place the foods and drinks down.

"Is there any changes? Anything new?" I asked. She shakes her head as she turns to look through the telescope again. "Nothing really happen..." she said. I let out a hum and take a seat next to her.

"Now that the tank is done. We'll be ambushing the enemy territory soon. Let's just hope we'd stand a chance against them after we broke Chrome out of their prison" I said. Kohaku nods her head, agreeing with me.

I lean my back against the rock, placing my hands behind my head. I stare at the sky as I silently watch the cloud slowly drifting by. It's comforting, despite being aware what's about to happen soon.

"You're right about what you said earlier. It'll be a lot easier if Chrome figure out how to escape the prison on his own" I said. Kohaku let out a giggle and nods her head. She turns to look at me and grin.

"It surely is" she said. I move closer to the telescope. "You go ahead and have some meal... I'll take over for a bit" I said. She nods her head and move over to where I left the food and drink. I smile softly as she starts to eat. I just turn my head to look through the telescope.

My eyes widened when I notice someone walking. I let out a gasp. "N-No way..." I said. "What is it, Y/N-Nee?" Kohaku said, moving towards me. I move out of the way, letting her look through the telescope. I can see her eyes widening.

I stand up and rush towards where Chrome is. He grins when he notices me. "Chrome! You made it!" I yelled out, happy that my friend have made it back safely. I run towards him, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Ouch..." he winced. I quickly pull away and stare at him in worry. "Sorry, were you hurt?" I asked. He shakes his head, smiling at me. "I'm fine, Y/N..." he said. I let him wrap his arm around my shoulder, as we turn around and make our way back to the camp.

"Chrome is back!!" Suika yelled out, happily. The rest of them let out a cheer. I smile as we make our way down the hill. Ruri-Nee asked Chrome how he manage to break himself out.

"I made the substance with salt water and electricity, creating the Sodium Hydroxide, right?" He said. He have a proud grin on his face. Senku walks towards us. "Sodium Hydrochloride. That's what you made. In modern age, also known as bleach" he said. I just stare at the two of them in confusion. Senku and Chrome happened to be using the same method simultaneously... Science users thinks alike. That's impressive.

"I'm surprise you manage to keep your stuff" I said. He turns to look at me. "Oh I got a little help. It's probably Taiju..." he said. Senku scoff at what he said. "Taiju is too much of a simpleton to do such work..." he said.

"Yuzuriha?" I suggested. He shakes his head again. "Can't be her either. I gave her a task... and she's not the type to abandon her work" he said. Chrome let out a laugh at what he said.

"Why does that matter? I'm free..." Chrome said. I just hum and nod my head. Yeah, it doesn't matter who helped Chrome. What matter is that he's back with us, safe and sound.

"Why are you bleeding?" Ruri-Nee asked, staring at Chrome worriedly. I turn my head to look at him, noticing something red at the corner of his lips. He grins for a few seconds before falling on his knees, coughing up a red substance.

"This is just like when I was sick!" Ruri-Nee said, with her hands on Chrome's shoulders. Chrome suddenly grins. "What's going on, Chrome?" Suika said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

I can hear Senku chuckling. I turn my head to look at him. "You used this to trick them?" He asked, while staring at Chrome in amusement. "As expected from Senku-Sensei to catch on" Chrome said. I stare at Senku's finger, noticing his fingers are covered with the red substance. I turn my head to look at Chrome for explanation.

"Combine dried shiso and sorrel... it'll create red substance" he said, proudly. I let out a huff and hit the back of his head. "As smart as that is... you just have to pull a prank on us... damn you, Chrome..." I said, as he hunched on the ground holding onto his head while wailing in pain. I roll my eyes at him. I smile to myself. At least he's safe.

***

Senku and Gen will continue their little trick on the Tsukasa's Empire. I just sit on a rock, watching the two of them do their thing. Senku looks a bit natural compared to the first time. But it's still funny to hear him attempting to sound formal.

You look like you're having fun. I'd like to hear that phone call too... someone said. I hear a gasp coming from Gen. I turn my head to look at him. He look so panicked. This lets me know that this new comer is none other than Ukyo. The guy Nikki have warned us about. The greatest predicament of our mission.

"If he hears you speak, he'll find out..." I said. Senku turn to look at me. "But we don't have a choice now that he's already here..." he said. I turn to look at my boyfriend with a worried gaze. He gently slips his hand in mine, giving it a light squeeze. I can feel his hand a little tense, letting me know that he's just as nervous as me. He take a deep breath and being the microphone closer to his lips.

"Who am I talking to now? This is Lillian Weinberg" he said, in Lillian's voice. I bit my lips, praying in my head that Ukyo won't realize who he is.

Wow... amazing. It's really Lillian. I would've lost, normally... he said. I stare at the microphone with a furrowed eyebrow. 'Did he not catch on?' I thought to myself.

However, there is no vibration in your voice after singing so enthusiastically. Which is hard for you to imitate... Gen he said. I wince upon realizing Ukyo have realized it's not the real Lillian.

"Damn it, not after we've come so far..." Senku said. Gen place his hand on his forehead. "I messed up!" He said. I furrow my eyebrow as I realize something is not right.

"Wait... why did he said it all in a different language? What even is that?" I asked. Gen turns to look at me, finally realizing it too. "Well, now that you mention it. He said it all in English. As if he didn't want the others to hear. Now that I think about it. I've notice something is strange with Ukyo-Chan's behavior. When he was chasing after us, he did it alone. He didn't tell anyone from the Tsukasa's Empire" he said. Senku nods his head at us.

"Good observation you two... so far this battle is 1:1"he said. He grabs the microphone and smirk. The one that gave Chrome the battery was you, wasn't it, Ukyo? He said.

I can hear a soft chuckle from the other side of the line. Wow, I'm impressed. You sure do catch on pretty quickly... he said. I just cross my arms across my chest. Something about this guy... he seem different compare to the rest of them. I wonder who Ukyo truly is.

*to be continued*