Chapter 38

Previously on Chapter 37

"What else? I'm saying what I said. You're Tsukasa's little sister that we've been trying to search for, Y/N . Or should I say...

Mirai

-Remember-

Y/N P.O.V

I just stare at Senku, without saying anything. I'm trying to process what he's telling me. He told me that my name was Mirai... and that Tsukasa is the older brother that I've been trying to remember. I turn my head to look at Tsukasa who's eyes are on me.

Now that we're staring at each other without any anger or hatred. I can feel a sense of familiarity spreading in my chest. I wince as my head starts to hurt. I stumble back a little. Gen is quick to catch my body before I could fall.

"Y/N-Chan... what's the matter?" He asked. I open my eyes to look at him, but everything is blurry. I turn my head to look at Tsukasa as he stands near, as if not knowing how to react. I just close my eyes, letting myself gets engulfed in darkness.

***

Dream

I'm sitting on my bed, seemingly crying. I hear the door to my room opens. "Mirai... what's wrong?" The person said. I lift my head to see my brother. I stare at him with sadness.

"Someone picked on me at school, Nii-Chan... they said I'm too weak to be in school" I said, hiccuping. He smiles softly at me and walks over to me. He take a seat near me and gently scoops me up. He places me on his lap. I just lean my body against his embrace. He gently caress my hair softly.

Come stop your crying,
It'll be alright
Just take my hand,
Hold it tight
I'll protect you from,
All around you.
I'll be here,
Don't you cry~

He starts singing softly. I lift my and turn to look at him. He have taught me a few English language. So I can understand what the song meant. I just stare at him as he continue to sing.

He lift his hand and gently wipe the tears from my eyes. "Don't cry, Mirai... I'll protect you from the bad people. I'll always be here..." he said, smiling reassuringly at me. I blink my eyes and smiles at him.

"Thank you, Tsukasa-Nii" I said, smiling at him. I wrap my arms around his neck. He laughs softly, hugging me back. I close my eyes as I bury my face on his shoulder.

End of Dream

I slowly open my eyes to see the night sky. I slowly sit up and look around. I realize that I'm alone. I can hear voices not far from me, letting me know that the others is nearby. So I'm not scared. I close my eyes as I try to recall everything. Each memories that I've remembered. I can see the face clearly. I wince as my head starts to hurt again. I place my hands on my head.

Come stop your crying,
It'll be alright
Just take my hand,
Hold it tight
I'll protect you from,
All around you.
I'll be here,
Don't you cry~

Gen P.O.V

Everyone is gathering near the bonfire. We can't do a lot of movements, because Y/N-Chan haven't regain her consciousness. We can't risk to move towards the Kingdom of Science's campsite, because it's quite far and she needs a lot of rest.

I hear a soft singing. I turn my head to look around, but no one seems to be singing. "Did you hear that?" I asked. They turn to look at me and stay quiet as they try to listen.

"It's coming from Y/N's place..." Senku said. We quickly get up and rush towards where we've placed her. We stop when we reach her. She's sitting up on her spot, singing softly. She's singing an English song.

I hear a shaky gasp. I turn my head to see Tsukasa as he stares at Y/N-Chan with an expression I failed to read. But I can see a look of longing in his eyes.

Y/N P.O.V

I stop singing when I hear a chorus of footsteps near me. I turn my head to see everyone gathering there. I stare at each of their faces, until my eyes landed on the tallest male... Tsukasa... Nii-Chan.

He take a few steps closer. "H-How... did you know that song?" He asked, as he stares at me with a hopeful gaze. I move to stand up and face him. I smile softly at him.

"Don't you remember? You were the one who sang it to me. When I was crying because some people at school picked on me... you said you'd protect me and make me feel safe. You promised that you'd always be there for me..." I said.

His eyes widened at what I said. "M-Mirai..." he said. I nod my head, smiling softly with tears streaming down my cheeks. "Nii-Chan..." I said. His eyes widen as tears slowly build up in his eyes.

I choke out a sob. I run towards him, throwing my arms around his neck in a tight hug. I start to cry softly as I bury my face in his shoulder. He hugs me tightly. I can feel his whole body trembling as he cry.

A While Later

We gather around the bonfire. I sit next to Nii-Chan as we eat some meal. Chrome turns his head to look at my brother, before turning to look at me.

"So... this is your brother, Y/N?" He said, breaking the silence. I turn to look at him and smiles, nodding my head. "Yeah... Tsukasa-Nii is my brother" I said. He nods his head and turn to look at Gen. I follow his gaze to see Gen's face is slightly pale.

"Is everything okay, Gen?" I asked. He turns to look at me and laugh nervously. "Yeah... why wouldn't it be?" He said. I can hear the nervousness in his voice.

I notice his eyes twitching a little as he turn to look next to me. I realize what's going on. He's scared of Nii-Chan. I bit my lips, trying not to laugh.

"Gen~ looks like you've met your in law" Ginro said while looking at Gen with a smirk. Gen's face turns even paler. "W-Wha... what?" He stuttered out. Nii-Chan furrowed his eyebrow at what Ginro just said.

"What's he talking about?" He said. I turn to look at him and turn to Gen. I can see him shaking visibly. I let out a soft laugh and scoots closer to Gen. I gently slip my hand in his.

"Well, Nii-Chan... Gen is my boyfriend. We've been dating for a while now..." I said. Nii-Chan stares at me for a few seconds and turn to look at Gen with a murderous gaze. Gen's face instantly turns paper white at the stare Nii-Chan is giving him.

"Nii-Chan... you're scaring him..." I said. He nods his head at what I said. "Good... he should be scared. So he knows not to mess with my little sister" he said. I let out a huffed and turn to look at Gen worriedly.

"Asagiri Gen" Nii-Chan said. His voice is low and dangerous. Gen flinched at his tone. "Y-Y-Y-Yes?" He said, stuttering violently. Nii-Chan gets up and hovers above Gen, who visibly shakes.

"Do you love my sister?" He said. Gen quickly nods his head. "I use word... speak" he said. Gen stands up and give Nii-Chan an unwavering gaze. "Yes! I love Y/N... so much!" He said, his voice is firm and full of confidence. Nii-Chan just hum softly at what he said. He turns around and take a seat next to me, without saying anything.

Gen just stare at him, as if waiting for him to say something. But Nii-Chan just stays silent and starts to eat again. I furrow my eyebrows at him and turn to look at Gen, who's staring at me. I just shake my head to let him know that I don't know either. He let out a soft sigh and take a seat. Okay... what just happened?

*to be continued*