Chapter 3

31st Of July, 1991

In Potter Manor, it was a normal day. As normal as it could possibly be in a family of young witch and wizards who were constantly in trouble.

The entire family was eating breakfast together. On a beautiful Wednesday morning, they were joking with each other and laughing when suddenly a knock on the window was heard, informing the family that the latters had arrived.

The barred owl swooped in and went to sit on the table with three letters attached to its legs as Ignotus stood up and opened the window.

Helena removed the letters from its legs and gave the bird some bread, and after taking a bite of the bread, it flew off once more, returning to its original location.

Ignotus sat back down on the chair and took the letters from his wife. He then saw the kids were anxiously looking in his direction, so he smiled at them and said

"It's your Hogwarts letters." The kids jumped from their chairs and took the letters, opening them and starting to read them.

Mr. H. Potter,
2nd floor , 4th room,
Potter Manor,
Caithness, Scotland

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin
First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International
Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find the enclosed list of all the necessary books and equipment. 

The term begins on September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31st. 

Yours sincerely, 
Minerva McGonagall 
Deputy Headmistress

Ignotus gave a quill to each of them with ink on it to reply.

Dear Deputy Headmistress,

I would love to go to Hogwarts.

Yours,
Harry Potter

The boys eagerly turned to Ignotus and Helena after replying to their letters.

Helena smiled at the three excited boys and said, "Fantastic, we can buy all of your supplies from Diagon Alley tomorrow." The boys appeared to be satisfied because they instantly nodded.

"Dad, why can't I go with them?" Iris asked in a weak, sad voice while trembling.

"Because you are not old enough, you won't be receiving your letter until you are eleven years old, at which point you can join your elder brothers and cousin." Ignotus said, calmly and softly.

Iris sadly nodded her head.

"Which house do you suppose l'll be sorted into, uncle Ignotus?" Harry asked softly.

Ignotus answered, "I honestly think that you will be in Hufflepuff, but it actually depends on what you value the most and what house you really want to get, because the sorting hat takes your preference into account."

"I'm not sure, to be honest. A part of me wants to join Gryffindor, like my parents and the rest of my family, but I'm not sure if that's where I truly belong." Harry said nervously.

"Harry, do whatever you think would be appropriate. Whatever house you end up in, we will always be proud of you. You don't have to be sorted into Gryffindor just because a long line of your ancestors were sorted there. After all, I was a Black who married a Gryffindor despite being a Ravenclaw.We will always be proud of you, no matter what. " Harry relaxed as Helena spoke, and Ignotus nodded in agreement.

Ignotus commented after looking at his kids. "And that applies to each and every one of you. No matter which house you end up in, we will always love you." At those remarks, the kids appeared to relax.