Chapter 7

2nd Of September, 1991

Everyone was up early on the first day of classes because they were eager to learn magic. At the moment, they were all eating breakfast and waiting to receive their schedules. Damian joined his brother and cousin at the Gryffindor table.

After a while, when they had finished breakfast and were just chatting with each other, Professor McGonagall came and gave them their schedule.

Soon after, the mail arrived, but the trio's focus was just on one owl. That owl was Jack, their family owl.

Taking the letter from the owl, Arcturus gave it some bread to eat. "It's from mom," As he said, Arcturus opened the letter and started reading it aloud to the trio.

Dear Arcturus

Ignotus and I are happy for all of you for getting into the houses that you were sorted into.

And we know that you will all do many great things in your respective houses.

Damian, I am very happy for you to get into Ravenclaw. I just know you will love it there. Harry, congratulations on getting into Gryffindor. You are making the Potter name very proud.

But just remember, even though there is a rivalry between the houses, you are all still family and should be there for each other when needed.

We hope you guys enjoy it there and gain as much knowledge as possible.

Yours,
Helena and Ignotus Potter

The boys grinned, content that their parents were pleased with the house they had been sorted into.

Soon it was time for transfiguration. Harry and his two cousins made their way into class. Harry stared at the cat that was sitting on the desk. A sudden realization came to him, and he nodded to the cat while mouthing the words "hello professor," which resulted in the cat's eyes widening.

They quickly took their seats after that. Arcturus sat down next to Hermione as Harry sat with a Slytherin named Daphne Greengrass.

"How are you doing, Hermione?" Hermione responded to Arcturus's question with a little smile. "Oh, I'm great, thank you for asking. I'm just nervous about the first classes because it seems like everyone else has an advantage over us muggle-borns because they've been studying magic all their lives." Hermione said.

"Hermione, you seem very intelligent to me. You will do just fine; half of these people can't even hold their wands properly." Arcturus said with a tiny smile that immediately made her feel more at ease.

"Do you ever get the feeling that these two are more than friends?" Harry whispered

"No, of course not" Daphne said sarcastically

"What are you two talking about?" Hermione turned her head to look at the two.

"Nothing" Both replied at the same time.

After a while, when almost everyone had come except two people, and after a few minutes, Ronald Weasley and his friend Seamus Finnigan burst into the room and smiled when they saw that no teacher was there.

"We're lucky," Seamus said to Ron. "McGonagall would have killed us if she knew we were late."

"I know" Ron nodded "can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if she knew we were late?"

"You won't have to imagine it for too long," Harry said, catching both boys' attention.

"What do you mean?" Ron asked

Before more could be said, the cat jumped off the desk and transformed into the stern Professor McGonagall. Ron's jaw dropped.

"Why were you late?" McGonagall asked in a very stern manner.

"We lost the way" Ron admitted

"Well perhaps next time I can transform one of you into a map, that way at least one of you can be able to get here on time. Now find your seats"

The pair sat down, and McGonagall began explaining about transfiguration, and how dangerous it was and how it was important to obey her instructions.

After the Transfiguration, they had charms. After that, they had the history of magic and then lunch.

6th Of September, 1991

Soon the day arrived of their first potions class. Harry sat down, and Daphne sat on his right, while Arcturus and Hermione sat on his left. Soon, everyone else came in and sat down. Snape walked in, his cape billowing as he did. He introduced himself and quickly talked about the class before looking around at everyone.

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death." said Harry.

"where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

"A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons." Answered Harry.

"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite." answered Harry.

"Well? Why aren't you all copying that down?" Snape said.

There was a sudden rummaging for quills and parchment. Over the noise, Snape said, "And ten point will be taken from Gryffindor."