Chapter 13

27th Of January, 1992

Today, Harry had decided that he would go and explore the castle. He was very excited, and he tried to take Arcturus with him, but he said that he was very tired, so he would come another day.

So here he was rooming around the castle at midnight. He came across a room that he had never entered, so he decided to go inside and see what is in there.

He entered and it looked like an unused classroom. The dark shapes of desks and chairs were piled against the walls but propped against the wall facing him was something that didn’t look as if it belonged there, something that looked as if someone had just put it there to keep it out of the way.

It was a magnificent mirror, as high as the ceiling, with an ornate gold frame, standing on two clawed feet. There was something carved around the top Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

Harry moved closer to the mirror, wanting to look at himself, but instead of seeing just his own reflection, He saw many people.

He had to clap his hands to his mouth to stop himself from screaming. He had seen not only himself in the mirror, but a whole crowd of people standing right behind him.

He checked around the room, but the room was empty. He turned slowly back to the mirror.

Harry looked closely and there were nine people with him. And he can recognize each and every one of them.

His mother, Lily, stood on his left shoulder, with his grandparents, Fleamont and Euphemia, behind her; his father, James, stood on his right shoulder, with his uncle Ignotus, aunt Helena, and three cousins behind him.

They were all looking at him, smiling and happy and together.

He didn't know how long he stood there. The reflections did not fade, and he looked and looked until a thought came to his mind, and he picked up his cloak and whispered to the mirror, "I’ll come back." And with that, he went back to Gryffindor Tower to wake up Arcturus.

He entered and immediately went to Arcturus's bed and started to wake him up, "Wake up Arcturus, I have to show you something really amazing."

"Go away, Harry, and let me go to sleep," Arcturus murmured in his sleep.

Although he was very sleepy, Harry was successful in waking him up.

“I’m freezing,” said Arcturus. “Let’s forget it and go back.”

“No!” Harry hissed.

“It’s here” They pushed the door open. Harry dropped the Cloak from around his shoulders and ran to the mirror.

There they were. His mother and father beamed at the sight of him. “See?” Harry whispered.

“I can see but I don't see ten people, I see twelve people.” Arcturus said

"What? Who are the extra two people that you can see and I can't see? " Harry asked, confused.

But Arcturus dodged his question and instead asked, "What is that written on the top?"

"I don't know, I saw it, but I just thought it was a spell name or something," Harry said as he looked up and saw what Arcturus was talking about.

Arcturus looked at what was written for about five minutes, and he got the answer.

"I show not your face but your hearts desire. That is what is written here, Harry. This mirror shows us our heart's desire." Arcturus said proudly as he solved the puzzle.

Understanding was showing in Harry's face as he understood that his heart's desire was that his family be together and be happy.

And with that, the two cousins went to their dorms happier than before because they learned something new.