Chapter 11

20th Of December, 1991

To put it mildly, this morning is crazy because of the beginning of the Christmas break. People were hurriedly packing their belongings and bidding farewell to those who would be returning home and those who would be staying at Hogwarts for the break.

Yet apart from all of them, a group of friends at the Gryffindor table could be seen staring at everything going on in amusement while talking with each other.

"I can't wait to see mom, dad, and Iris again," Damian said as he ate a bit of toast.

"We'll be taking a family trip to France." Daphne said as she too ate a bit of toast.

At that moment, Hermione walked in. "Are you all packed?" She asked . And a chorus of "yes" rang through.

"That's great, but we need to go down to the station right now or we will be late!" Hermione panickily said

And so they went off to the carriages that would take them to the Hogwarts express. The train ride was mostly peaceful, with no interruptions.

A few hours later, they came to a stop at platform nine and three-quarters. They got off, said goodbye to each other, and went all the way to their own respective families.

After Helena had hugged her sons and nephew, they all apperated to Potter Manor.

25th Of December, 1991

On Christmas day, they all exchanged gifts and started talking with each other about random stuff until Damian asked something interesting.

"Mom, can I ask you something?" Damian asked, unsure if he should ask or not.

"Yes, of course, Damy. What is it?" Helena asked, her grey eyes looking at her son, ready to share her knowledge.

"Well, I was reading the other day, and I came across the name Nicolas Flamel, yet they didn't say much about him. I was wondering if perhaps you knew who he was." Damian asked with a hopeful look in his eyes, hoping that his mother knew who the person was.

"Nicolas Flamel was a great alchemist and also the only known creator of the philosopher's stone, and that stone can create the elixir of life, which makes the drinker immortal and can turn any metal that it touches into pure gold." Helena answered.

"Oh, thank you, mom." Damian said with a relived smile.

But Helena was not done and suspiciously asked, "Why are you suddenly asking about Nicolas Flamel?"

Arcturus decided that it was a good time to tell them about the philosopher's stone.

"Mum, Dad, we think there is something going on at Hogwarts that honestly should not be going on at a school." Arcturus started unsurely.

At his mother's nod and father's curious gaze, he continued.

"According to our theory, the philosopher's stone is hidden inside Hogwarts." Ignotus and Helena both looked shocked after hearing this.

"And why do you think the stone is there?" Ignotus asked.

"Why we think this way is because a few weeks after school began, we accidentally went to the third floor corridor, and there we saw a three-headed dog, so quite obviously we ran; then on Halloween, a troll was let in and it attacked Hermione while she was in the bathroom. After the troll situation was sorted out, we saw that Snape had a cut on his leg. presumably from the three-headed dog." Damian continued the story where Arcturus had left.

Ignotus and Helena both looked very thoughtful after listening to their story.

"Yet when I went to Hagrid and asked about it, he said that's strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel. That's why Damian asked about Nicolas Flamel." Harry concluded the story, and he looked up at the adults for guidance.

Both of the adults looked at each other, then Helena spoke, "Look kids, we don't know what's happening there, but we don't want you to get involved in this matter, am I clear?" She looked each one of them in the eye.

And the trio agreed that they would try their best not to get involved.

**********

That night, when everything was over and everyone was going to sleep, Ignotus came to Harry's room and presented him with another gift.

"It's been in the Potter family for generations; it has always been given to the heir of the family; it was your father's and now it is yours." Ignotus said with a small smile. Harry opened it and it was a silvery cloak. He looked confused until he put it around his shoulders, and he turned invisible.

Harry, who was speechless and who also regarde the man as a father figure, simply hugged him "Thank You, Dad."

Ignotus froze and looked at him with teary eyes, and Harry looked at him with wide eyes. "I'm sorry." Harry said it with a stutter.

"No, no, it's okay Harry, you're welcome." Ignotus said after getting over his shock and giving Harry a tight hug.