Chapter 14

26th Of May, 1992

Arcturus and Harry are being held in the forbidden forest with Hagrid and Malfoy today because they were sneaking around the castle at night and Malfoy also because he was attempting to catch us.

At eleven o’clock that night, they said good-bye to Hermione in the common room and went down to the entrance hall. Filch was already there, and so was Malfoy.

“Follow me,” said Filch, lighting a lamp and leading them outside.

“I bet you’ll think twice about breaking a school rule again, won’t you?” he said, leering at them. "It's a shame they let the old punishments fade away; I still have the chains in my office; keep 'em well oiled in case they're ever needed."

The trio looked at Filch as if he was crazy.

They marched off across the dark grounds. Harry wondered what their punishment was going to be in the forbidden forest. It must be something really horrible, or Filch wouldn’t be sounding so delighted.

“Is that you, Filch? Hurry up, I want to get started.” Hagrid said Malfoy thought that if they were going to be working with half-giant, it wouldn’t be so hard. Malfoy's relief must have shown in his face, because Filch said, “I suppose you think you’ll be enjoying yourself with that oaf? Well, think again, boy; it’s into the forest you’re going, and I’m much mistaken if you’ll all come out in one piece."

Malfoy stopped dead in his tracks. “The forest?” he repeated, and he didn’t sound quite as cool as usual. “We can’t go in there at night. There are all sorts of things in there. Werewolves and many other creatures."

“That’s your problem, isn’t it?” Filch said, his voice cracking with glee. “You should’ve thought of those werewolves before you got in trouble, shouldn’t you?”

Hagrid came towards them out of the dark, Fang at his heel. He was carrying his large crossbow, and a quiver of arrows hung over his shoulder. "About time,” he said. “I have been waiting for half an hour already. All right, let's go"

They all went into the forest, and after twenty minutes of walking, they came in front of a dead unicorn, and Hagrid explained that killing a pure creature like a unicorn is one of the biggest sins in the wizarding world. Only a fool would do it.

So, after walking some more distance, they decided that they should split and try to find any evidence of who killed the unicorn.

So, after some talking, they decided that Harry and Malfoy would go the left way and Arcturus, Hagrid, and Fang the other way.

When Harry and Malfoy were looking around, they came across a horrible sight. In front of them, a shadow-like thing was drinking blood from a dead unicorn's neck.

So, seeing this naturally, Malfoy ran like the coward that he is, but Harry was in so much shock that he couldn't bring himself to run.

The shadow saw Harry and stopped drinking the blood. He stood up and came nearer to Harry. The closer he came, the more the pain in his scar increased.

Harry was in so much pain that he lost consciousness.

When he woke up the next day, Harry told his friends what happened in the forbidden forest, and they were shocked after hearing this, and Damian guessed that maybe the shadow-like thing was you-know-who.