Chapter 21

2nd Of September, 1992

The next day, however, Harry barely grinned once. Things started to go downhill from breakfast in the Great Hall. The four long house tables were laden with turrets of porridge, plates of kippers, mountains of toast, and dishes of eggs and bacon, beneath the enchanted ceiling. Harry and Arcturus sat down at the Gryffindor table next to Hermione, who had her copy of Voyages with Vampires propped open against a milk jug. There was a slight stiffness in the way she said, “Morning." But, on the other hand, Neville Longbottom greeted them cheerfully.

After finishing breakfast, they were all waiting for the course schedules. Professor McGonagall was moving along the Gryffindor table, handing out course schedules. Harry took his and saw that they had double herbology with the Hufflepuffs first.

And like always, Slytherin and Gryffindor had the majority of their classes together; the same for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.

Harry, Arcturus, and Hermione left the castle together, crossed the vegetable patch, and made for the greenhouses, where the magical plants were kept.

As they neared the greenhouses, they saw the rest of the class standing outside, waiting for Professor Sprout. Harry, Arcturus, and Hermione had only just joined them when she came striding into view across the lawn, accompanied by Gilderoy Lockhart.

"Oh, hello there!" Lockhart called, beaming around at the assembled students. "I just showed Professor Sprout the right way to handle mandrakes! But I don’t want you to run away with the idea that I’m better at herbology than she is! I just happen to have met several of these exotic plants on my travels."

"Greenhouse three today," said Professor Sprout, who was looking distinctly disgruntled, not at all her usual cheerful self.

**********

Damian was walking down to the dungeons for the potions class when he heard a cruel laugh.

Then came the cruel voice of Draco Malfoy, who was taunting a girl. It looked like she was a first year. She had blonde white hair and dreamy blue eyes. Damian frowned when he saw the blue and bronze tie. She was a Ravenclaw. So Damian immediately went to defend his new housemate.

"Leave her alone, you coward," Damian said angrily. Malfoy looked at him. "It's none of your business, Potter," he replied with anger. But he didn't deny the fact that he was a coward because he himself also knew that he was one of the biggest cowards not just in Hogwarts but in the whole wizarding world.

"Will, it is my business because she is a Ravenclaw and so am I, so I'm not going to let you bully her." He said with fire in his hazel eyes. Malfoy looked back at the first year with a sneer and said "This isn't over, Loony and Potter, my Father will hear about this!" and with that he walked away with his two bodyguards.

Damian looked at the girl and introduced himself. "Hello, my name is Damian, and you are?" he asked with a kind smile. The girl looked up at him with a dreamy expression and smiled.

"Hello Damian Potter, my name is Luna Lovegood." She answered in a dreamy voice.

"What class do you have right now?" Damian asked her

"I have defense against the dark arts right now." When Luna answered, Damian nodded with a small smile.

"If you don't mind, can I walk you to your next class?" Damian asked with a kind smile, which she returned.

So Damian walked Luna to the defense against the dark arts classroom. While on the way there, they talked about many things, but one special thing that they talked about was nargles, which Damian didn't know what it was, so Luna was explaining to him what it was, but even after the explanation, he didn't understand much.

After dropping her, he quickly ran back to the potions classroom, reaching there just in time.