Chapter 6

1st Of September, 1991

They were led to the castle doors after getting off the train, meeting the groundkeeper Hagrid, and sailing across the black lake.

When we reached the castle doors, a stern-looking witch wore emerald green robes and glasses and Harry's first thought was that this was not someone to cross. She was standing in front of the door waiting for us.

"The first years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.

"Thank you, Hagrid I will take them from here." The professor said to the half-giant and led the kids into the entrance hall. When they reached the end, Professor McGonagall said, "Welcome to Hogwarts."

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your Houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your House will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your House, sleep in your House dormitory, and spend free time in your House common room.

"The four Houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each House has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your House points, while any rule-breaking will lose House points. At the end of the year, the House with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever House becomes yours."

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." Her eyes lingered for a moment on Neville's cloak, which was fastened under his left ear.

"I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly."

After ten minutes, Professor McGonagall came back and told them all to follow her, and she led them into the Great Hall.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said.

Then Professor McGonagall begins calling names.

"Abbott, Hannah!" A pink-faced girl with blonde pigtails came and put on the hat After a moment's pause

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat.

"Bones, Susan!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Boot, Terry!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Brocklehurst, Mandy" went to Ravenclaw too, but "Brown, Lavender" became the first new Gryffindor, and the table on the far left exploded with cheers

"Granger, Hermione!" Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Greengrass, Daphne!"

A pale beautiful blue eyed blonde girl stood up and went to the sorting hat and sat down on the stool.

After some time the sorting hat screamed "SLYTHERIN!"

She smiled little bit but then hide it well then she went to the Slytherin table and sat there.

"Longbottom, Neville!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Malfoy, Draco!"

Malfoy swaggered forward when his name was called the hat had barely touched his head when it screamed, "SLYTHERIN!" Malfoy went to join his friends Crabbe and Goyle, looking pleased with himself.

After that many people were sorted Moon, Nott, Parkinson, Patil, Patil, Perks and then,

"Potter, Arcturus!" was called, and Arcturus walked up to the three-legged stool.

"It seems like you could succeed in Ravenclaw, but that's not where you belong. Although you have a thirst for knowledge, your loyalty to your family and your bravery surpass that. So you better be GRYFFINDOR! " The final word was shouted by the sorting hat, and the red-clad table burst into cheers.

"Potter, Damian!" was called next, and Damian quickly made his way up to the stool and sat there.
frantically tapping his feet to the ground.

"I haven't seen a mind this talented in a long time. You have a thirst for knowledge, so this is quite simple. There is only one house for you, and that house is RAVENCLAW!" Upon hearing where he was sorted, Damian breathed a sigh of relief and moved toward the blue and bronze table, where his new housemates were giving him a polite round of applause.

"Potter, Harry!"

As Harry stepped forward, whispers suddenly broke out like little hissing fires all over the hall.

The last thing Harry saw before the hat dropped over his eyes was the hall full of people craning to get a good look at him. Next second he was looking at the black inside of the hat. He waited.

"Hmm," said a small voice in his ear. "Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh my goodness, yes and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting. So where shall I put you? ah I know where to put you. You better be GRYFFINDOR!"

After Harry, Dean Thomas, Lisa Turpin, and Blaise Zabini were sorted into Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin,

After the final student was sorted, the headmaster got up, spoke briefly, and instructed them not to go in certain places before the feast began.

The Potter twins were happy for each other despite their separation from one another.

They were all led to their respective common rooms when the welcoming feast was over, and they all smiled as they drifted off to sleep.