Chapter 10

9th Of November, 1991

Sitting in the Great Hall in the morning before the first Quidditch match of the season, Harry was not eating. He was feeling very nervous. His friends and family were trying to get him to eat, but were unsuccessful.

The day before, he got his broom, a Nimbus two thousand. He was very happy, yet now here he was. He was just too nervous.

Daphne was trying to make him eat some food.

"Come on, if you don't eat, you'll be weak and fall off your broom. Just a little piece of bread." Daphne pleaded with Harry, who now had a newly developed crush on the girl.

After everyone had eaten breakfast, they all went to the Quidditch field to watch the match.

When Arcturus, Damian, Hermione, and Daphne got to the stands, Arcturus immediately spotted his parents, and dragged his friend over to them. As they reached there, Damian ran and gave a tight hug to Helena.

"Hello Damy, how are you?" Helena asked her son with a smile. Iris was hiding behind her father's legs because of her brothers and cousin's friends.

"Hello mum, dad, I'm fine. How are you, and by the way, these are our friends, Hermione Granger." Hermione waved at them with a small polite smile.

"And Daphne Greengrass." Daphne greeted them. "Nice to meet you, Lord and Lady Potter," she said with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Helena said with a warm smile.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you." Ignotus said, with his usual cold tone when it came to strangers.

As the game started, they focused on it, especially Ignotus, who was watching his nephew's every move.

The Gryffindor chasers have scored a few times, but Harry still hasn't seen the golden snitch.

The Slytherins were cheering. because their chasers had just scored a goal. But no one seemed to have noticed that Harry’s broom was behaving strangely. It was carrying him slowly higher, away from the game, jerking and twitching as it went.

“What is Harry doing?” Damian asked. As he stared through his binoculars, “I think he has lost control of his broom.”

Suddenly, people were pointing up at Harry all over the stands. His broom had started to roll over and over, with him only just managing to hold on. Then the whole crowd gasped. Harry’s broom had given a wild jerk and Harry swung off it. He was now dangling from it, holding on with only one hand.

Harry couldn't take control of his broom, and he was holding on for dear life.

Helena had tears in her eyes and her wand out for when he fell so she could stop the fall. While the three chasers were circling under Harry, presumably to catch him if he fell.

"Nothing can interfere with a broomstick except powerful, dark magic, and no child could do that to a Nimbus two thousand,” Ignotus said as he held his wand high.

At these words, Hermione seized Ignotus's binoculars, but instead of looking up at Harry, she started looking frantically at the crowd.

“What are you doing?” Damian asked. “I knew it,” Hermione gasped, and ran off. A few seconds later, Harry's broom was back to normal, and he flew after the golden snitch.

He tries to pull himself up while trying to catch the snitch a few feet off the ground, but instead falls off his broom. He appeared to be about to throw up there on the grass before spitting out the golden snitch.

The commentator, Lee Jordan, yells, "He has caught the snitch! Harry Potter has the snitch! Gryffindor wins!" And all the Gryffindors cheered. His family and friends cheered for him as well.

After the game, Ignotus, Helena, and Iris said goodbye to their family and friends.