15 //

Once again, this chapter was written a bit quickly. I hope the typos won't bother you too much.

15 // Dani

I pick up my fork and start eating. Pris' mother and Pris herself are sitting with me. No one speaks at first. Only the sounds of the cutlery hitting the porcelain plates and chewing are heard. I follow the others and keep quiet, munching on this meat. It's not tender though.

Pris occasionally looks up at me, with a slight smile. I return the gesture and her face flushes in a deep red, as usual. The way we're playing with each other is so much fun. The best part is that her mother clearly doesn't realize that we're doing this.

Mrs. Lockhart is on her tablet, as she's devouring her food. My family would consider that attitude impolite, and clearly Pris agrees by the glares she throws her mother, yet she continues to swipe through the virtual pages of the screen.

She finally sets the device down and studies my face, "So, are you in Pris' class?"

I glance at Pris, who's clenching her jaw as she drops the fork on the plate. She speaks for me, "Yeah, Dani is in my class."

I have no idea why she asked that. First of all, I could have many different classes with Pris, but I don't have any with her. Then, the obvious issue, Pris just lied. Her eyes shoot me a pressured look, so I calmly follow her lead.

"Yeah, I'm in her class," I confirm casually.

"That's really amazing. What's your favorite thing about the school?"

Pris makes a face again. I answer vaguely, "There's always a lot going on."

"That's true. Are you going to the game next Friday?"

What game? Duff isn't playing next Friday. I slowly swallow my mashed potatoes and look over at Pris, who avoids my eyes. She's not at Duff. Well then where is she? There are no other colleges around – don't tell me I'm messing around with a high school girl.

"Maybe but I still have homework," I reply.

Pris keeps her head down over her food and keeps eating. She doesn't even try to make eye contact at this point. So she lied to me. Well, she never said she was at Duff, but she always hinted that she might take classes there. I should have asked. How could I have been so damn stupid?

"Have you applied for any colleges yet?" her mother asks me.

I glance again at Pris, but she's still got her head lowered, "I'm pretty sure I'm going to Duff."

"It's early you know."

My eyes stay on Pris, "But I have feeling like I was meant to go there."

"I love your confidence, Dani. Pris still hasn't looked. I've been telling her the deadline is close, but she just won't listen. Do you have any backup schools?"

"I don't think I'll need any."

Her mother asserts that, that may be a little too much confidence but I reassure her that I'll be fine. Dinner continues. The thought of her lying still lingers in my head. She seems to be a senior. That's less dramatic than it could be. But it's true that I'm not fond of dating younger than me. I'm madder than she put me in this uncomfortable situation than actually mad that she's underage. She'll be legal soon anyway. I won't make a big deal for one year.

At the end of dinner, her mother takes our plates. Well, I insisted that I could bring them to the kitchen but she took it upon herself to do it for me.

Pris is sitting there, throwing me glances when she thinks I'm not looking. She seems embarrassed more than anything else.

"May I be excused?" I ask her mother.

She looks back at me and answers, "Well of course, Dani, go ahead."

"Where's the bathroom actually?"

"Pris, show your friend."

God, she's really oblivious to all of this. I try to keep myself from chuckling. Pris gets up, her head still bent down, and I follow her out of the dining room into the bathroom. It's upstairs. She opens a wooden door and pulls me in, while locking us in.

"I'm sorry," she tells me.

"It's okay, but no more lies and no more running away from problems."

There's a small silence. I lean in and kiss her. She kisses me back, so gently but I can feel the passion. I keep the tenderness, as my kisses travel through her neck down to her breasts. She lets a small moan slip. I stop there, and brush her hair back. She's tomato red and grinning uncontrollably. She looks adorable, truly adorable.

"What are you doing next week?" I ask her.

"Class."

"Beside that."

"I'm seeing my dad."

"So he's M. Lockhart?"

"Exactly."

"Why did your mom keep Lockhart?"

"Her whole business is in the name Lockhart."

"I see."

"What are you doing next week?"

"I'm going out with my friends. We're meeting Blue's girlfriend, who's apparently the most butch person I'll ever see in my life. Well, that's what Alex said."

"Well, have fun doing that. Are the others going too?"

"Yeah, Blue, her girlfriend, Tony, his girl, Alex and her sex friend and well, me."

"Be good okay?"

"I will." I kiss her again. "Where are you going with your dad?"

"I don't know what we'll do. But, do you mind freeing yourself up one of these nights? I'd like him to meet you."

"Sure, just tell me when. Just not Friday night."

"Okay."

When we end the conversation, that's when I realize that we're still in a bathroom and that maybe we should get out of it. We do. Pris goes out first, which allows my eyes to stare at her behind. When she turns around, my eyes go back up to meet hers.

"I'm gonna go then."

"Oh okay," she tells me. We go down the stairs and I stand in front of the door. She glances at me. "We'll do something soon, right?"

"Of course. And, just call if you need me. Or call if you want me. You don't need to need me to call me."

She laughs, "Okay, Dani."

I kiss her cheek, then her lips quickly. I then whisper, while in proximity of her ear, "Good night princess."

Sorry for the wait. Thank you for reading and vote/comment if you feel like it.

Take care x