2 //

2 // Pris

I thought that this party would be a raging rave-like atmosphere, filled with horny teenagers but to my surprise, it's a small get-together with the cheerleading team and a few friends at Angie's house.

Arianna is part of the cheerleading team, with Angie. That's how my crush knows me. I'm known as Ari's best friend. That's how I get a smile and a 'hey' every morning, when she passes by my locker.

"Truth," Angie says, sipping on a red plastic cup.

"Describe your sexuality," another girl demands.

"That's not really a question but okay," she chuckles. "I'm bisexual. I identify myself that way because I hate to limit myself. I like to stay open. I've fallen in love and been attracted to guys and girls. I don't know, I just don't see a gender, I see a person first."

This is what disappoints me the most. Unlike the typical lesbian love story, my problem isn't that my crush is straight. She just doesn't see me as a love interest but I love her so much.

The funny thing is that, physically, we're complete opposites. My fair skin and blonde locks contrasts with her tanned complexion and dark straightened hair. I don't have the "latina curves", as people call it, that she has. I'm pretty slim actually. I wear Vans, she wears Prada. I like staying in and reading books, she likes going out and clubbing. I'm reserved, she's extroverted. Needless to say, we complete each other.

I'm used to being somewhat ignored during these games, but it doesn't bother me. Sometimes, the questions or commands get really embarrassing - trust me.

A few more rounds go by and Angie gets hit again, by Arianna.

"You have to -" Ari starts her sentence, looking around her. Her eyes fall on me and a wide grin displays on her face. "You have to kiss Pristina for thirty uninterrupted seconds."

I shift my head towards Ari. My heart is pounding. My breathing's getting heavy. I feel my cheeks turning red. I can't even move. I start staring at Angie, who's laughing. Why did Ari have to do that? I feel like I'm going to collapse right now.

Angie crawls towards me slowly. She sits in front of me, smiles again and leans in. I let her approach me and ultimately, kiss me. It's soft. It's pleasant. It's delicate, just like I imagined.

The five seconds to skip an advertisement on a video take forever. Yet, these thirty seconds went by way too fast. She pulls away, smiling irresistibly as I feel my cheeks heating up. I can assure you, they're tomato red at this instant.

Angie sits back to her original spot and gazes at me, in the sweetest way.

"Pristina, truth or dare?" she asks me.

"Truth," I spit out, without thinking.

"Did you like the kiss?"

"Yes," I say, shyly, blushing as well.

I don't know how everybody will view what just happened between us but I will definitely always remember it. Angie kissed me and that wasn't a dream. I really felt a connection, something real.

"Pris," Ari nudges my arm, "it's your turn."

"Oh yeah," I say, leaving my trance mode.

I dare someone else, still keeping that kiss in my mind. It made me feel alive. As much as my lips loved hers pressed against mine, my heart thumping so hard and so fast made it painful as well. My stomach feels upset now, probably due to that mini heart attack.

A few more rounds pass. Everybody is more or less sick of the game, so we stop playing. I get up, off the floor, and head towards the drinks table. As I'm pouring myself a cup of Coke, someone stands right behind me, I can feel them.