21 //

21 // Pris

The entire night spent with Dani felt magical. We truly reconnected. It was a lot fun, smiles and laughs. I hadn't felt happiness radiate out of her in a while. It was almost weird seeing her like this. I've gotten used to the dry texting and the short sentences. I know it's mostly due to the recovery post-assault but it has really taken a toll on our relationship.

Don't get me wrong. I want to be there for her. But sometimes the best way to be there for someone is to not physically crowd them. Or at least, that's what I assumed Dani needed these past days. I've been hanging out with Arianna, doing my homework and reading actually. I've been reading a lot. It's pretty easy when you're not texting your significant other until 2 a.m.

I've been lying next to her for the past twenty minutes. Her face is still on my chest. I hear her breathe peacefully against me. It's comforting. I'm able to relax and feel at home like I used to. The apartment is totally quiet. Under normal circumstances, that would worry me. There's usually so much noise. Either Alex is hyped up about something random or Blue is laughing. But the assault has even changed the atmosphere in these rooms.

Dani rolls over when the front door of the apartment opens. I hear voices. It's Alex and Tony. They're talking about traveling to Montreal and how clean the apartment is. I turn my head and Dani is yawning.

"Good morning babe," I tell her, sitting up.

"Hey, baby," she says, her eyes half-open.

"How did you sleep?"

"It was all right. Been getting plenty of sleep lately. You?"

"I always sleep well next to you," I answer.

She smiles. I kiss her. We kiss more until we hear a loud knock on Dani's bedroom door. Dani jolts up and yells, "What's up?"

Alex's voice responds, "You good?"

"Yeah, I'm just here with Pris."

"Hey Pris," Tony and Alex yell in unison.

I just laugh, "Hey guys."

There are footsteps that go towards the living room and kitchen. Alex has never been this tolerable, ever. I'm surprised. People really can change I guess.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her.

"Depressed. Hella depressed," she replies, sitting up as well. She scratches her neck, "But a lot better than if I weren't with you."

I smile. We kiss again, except this time, we don't stop. Next thing I know, she's made her way down between my legs again. I can't resist her. She understands my body like I never thought someone could. I always imagined that I'd never be comfortable enough, confident enough or cared for enough to be prioritized in bed. But if Dani's love weren't evident in every smile and small gesture, it is when we have sex. She takes her time, she doesn't leave out one part of my body and she makes me feel safe. I'm never anxious by her side. It makes having fun a lot easier, that's for sure.

I end up satisfied once again. She's left hickeys all over my body and my legs have still not recovered from all of the shivering of last night's sessions. I really hope Alex and Tony didn't hear me. Especially Alex.

"I never asked, but how are you?" Dani asks before licking her lips.

I manage to roll my eyes, even though my body is still in that shaky, euphoric, post-climax phase, "I'm good. Just enjoying it all."

"I bet," Dani says while getting up and throwing on random clothes that are in her dresser. She starts to head towards the door, "I'll be right back."