18 //

A/N: I have noticed certain plot issues... I will fix them at some point. If you've noticed incoherencies, please tell me. Thank you!

18 // Pris

When I wake up the morning after, the whole incident with Dani feels like a blur. They managed to bring me home without neither my mom nor Neil noticing. It almost feels like a dream.

My first instinct is to grab my phone. I check any new messages, but I don't have any. I'm dying to know how Dani is doing, but I don't want to sound clingy. I know it sounds ridiculous that it would clingy of me to ask how she's doing yet I feel like that.

I decide to call Arianna, not caring that she might still be asleep.

"Yeah?" she picks up after only a ring.

"Dani got hurt."

"How?"

"A group of guys attacked her and her friends. They woke me up yesterday so I could go meet them at the hospital. I'm so scared."

"Well, are they okay now?"

"I think so."

"Pris, if you're not sure then call them."

"Okay, I will. I wanted her to meet my dad but I don't think this is the right time."

"You should definitely check with her," Arianna tells me. "I'll be over there."

Before I can protest, she hangs up. I guess she's coming over then.

It only takes her a few minutes for her to be ringing my doorbell. Neil opens the door. I hear some small talk and then her heels tapping the steps of the stairs. She swings my bedroom door open.

"How are you doing?" she asks, closing the door.

"I'm okay, just worried."

"Then call her, I'm right here."

We look at each other. I'm still hesitant, but I dial Dani's number and wait for her to answer.

"Hey Pris."

I put the smartphone on speaker, "How are you doing Dani?"

"Everything hurts," she chuckles. "But I'm all right."

"Do you want us to come over?"

"Who's 'us'?"

Arianna smiles and says, "I'm here too."

"Oh, hey Arianna," Dani laughs. "You can come over if you want. But we look all broken."

"We'll be right there."

Arianna has a car. So she drives us to their place. We could have walked there, but a car drive feels relaxing. I like thinking while in a car.

It's only a few minutes before we're at their door. They're at the second floor. We take the elevator and once in front of their door, I need to find the energy to press the doorbell button.

Arianna narrows her eyes at me, confused. "Push the button."

"I don't know."

"Pris, we're here for her. So go ahead."

I take a deep breath and ring the doorbell. There's something in me that still gets nervous and excited in these couple of seconds before seeing her. Something exhilarating. I feel my heart pounding in my chest, as I hear someone undo the locks of the door.

"Hey," Dani's husky voice says. "Come in."

We do. As she's taking my jacket and hanging it up, I get a good view of her face. It has swollen up a bit. She shouldn't see my dad in this state.