12 //

12 // Dani

Did I buy everything? I look through my shopping cart. I'm at the grocery store, buying ingredients for my date with Pris. We're cooking together. Well, baking. I've never paid attention to the difference. As long as it's producing edible meals, it's all the same to me.

I exiled my three friends to have the apartment all to myself. Knowing how Pris feels about them, I'd rather just be between and her. An intimate date is long overdue.

I think I've got everything. I buy the food and carry it back home. She'll be there in about fifteen minutes. Hopefully, this will go well. I didn't tell her that we were going to bake, then watch a movie then finish up. It's all a surprise and I'm praying she's a better cook than me. I get by... nothing more.

Opening the door to my flat reveals the face of Champ. He pants, staring at me. The way Pris loves Champ makes me smile. He's my favorite dog in the world. She's my favorite person in the world. Ideally, we can become one big family.

He follows me into the kitchen, where I place everything onto the vacant counters. I think I've got everything. I hope she likes chocolate. She's got to love chocolate. All girls love chocolate. What if she didn't? I need to stop stressing out like that.

The doorbell rings. I slide to the front door. Yes, slide. The wooden floor is so slippery that you can skate in your socks to whatever destination you choose. Mine happened to be the front door. I open up to the most beautiful girl I've ever seen so far in my life.

"Hey, I'm a little early, sorry about that," Pris smiles at me.

"No problem," I reply, gesturing for her to come in.

I close the door behind her and take a good look at her. She's wearing a dark red dress. I think it's called an A line dress. Not totally certain, but she looks - dangerous. The red gives her such an edge.

She turns around and hands me her jacket, smiling at me. I take it and realize that it's the black leather jacket I gave her ages ago.

"You stole it. It's mine," I tell her, in a small voice.

"You gave it to me. And I didn't give it back."

"Precisely, you stole it."

"You still consented in the giving part."

"Because I thought you understood the 'giving back' part."

"I clearly did, isn't it back in your hands?"

I glance at my jacket, then look back up to her smug grin. She makes my heart beat faster. I hang it on the hanger and spin around to see that Champ has said hello to her as well. She pets my dog and starts playing with him. Her fingers stroke his head. She looks up at me and I lead her to the kitchen.

"So what are we doing?" she asks impatiently, leaning against the dining room table. The dining room table is our kitchen. I forgot to mention that.

"Cake!" I practically yell out.

She chuckles, "So basically I'm gonna ruin my dress."

"Basically," I answer. "But you could always take it off."

Pris smiles and blushes really hard. It's adorable. She walks towards me. I thought she was about to kiss me but she brushes shoulders with me, to inspect the products I bought. She looks back at me.

"Have you ever done this before?"

I shake my head, "Not successfully."

She smiles and starts to give me instructions. She gives me all the stirring. Her eyes focus on my struggle but I still try to do my best. I hesistantly show her the result.