5 //

5 // Pris

It's now Saturday, and all I've done in my free time, all week, is text Dani. I love how we talk. I'm never embarrassed or have to think out what I'm about to say. I just write. Sometimes it ends up in goofy typos and other times, I tell her exactly how I feel about certain matters.

We set to meet today and just stroll around town. A very cheap idea, but I'm okay with it. As long I spend time with her, that's the most important.

As I'm tracing the outer lining of my eye with a black pencil, I can't help asking myself if she knows I'm gay. Our messages have been so - friendly. Not that I mind, but I was expecting a little flirting at some point. To my disappointment, there were no playful compliments of any kind. For that, though, I also have myself to blame. I could have started a flirting game, but I'd prefer that she initiates it. I hate doing things first.

I finish all the girlie preparation for such an outing and I head down the stairs. That's when I run into Neil, as he blocks my way to the front door entry.

"Going somewhere?" he asks, his arms folded against his chest.

"Yeah, I said so earlier."

I try to brush shoulders with him, but he simply takes a step to the side, preventing me from going forward.

"What do you want?" I ask, annoyed. "I'm gonna be late."

"You're seeing someone special, aren't you?"

"Why would you say that?" I try to keep from blushing, as Dani's smile appeared in my mind.

"You never wear dresses. Got a fella we should meet?"

I reply, "No. I just feel like getting dressed."

He walks towards the drawers of one of the end tables, situated in the main hallway and pulls out a few small packages. He hands them to me.

"Stay safe, Pris."

I chuckle, "Yeah, okay."

"You're laughing now. I hear childbirth is quite the experience."

"Well, it's not like you're in any position to tell me anything. Or are you?"

He glares at me, as I exit the house. If only he knew.

Well, on some level, I wish he knew. Neil, of all people, wouldn't make an enormous deal of me being gay at all. He'd tease the heck out of me, but that's about innocent as any of our other pitiful 'fights'. I just might come out to him second. First, being already Ari.

I glance at my watch. I'm on time. I hate this moment, the one when you have to wait around for someone. Time seems to be so much longer in those instances. It's almost as seconds turned into hours. It would be a tad bit easier if I had music in my ears, but she could arrive at any minute, thus it's not really worth pulling out my headphones.

I tap my foot against the sidewalk and turn my head to my right. Dani is walking towards me and taking her white earphones out. She casually slides them into her dark blue jeans and lifts her head to me.

She smirks at me, "Guess I'm late."

"By like a minute," I smile at her.

She stuffs her hands into her pockets, "What do you wanna do?"

"As you said, just walk around."

"I didn't know if you were still okay with that."

"It's a nice day, I don't mind."

We start walking down the street, at a slow pace. I want to erase the silence, but I don't know what to say. Once again, I'm hoping she'll start speaking first. I look up at her. Dani's looking straight ahead of her, with a pensive expression on her face. She's so gorgeous.