10 //

10 // Pris

It's Friday. I talked to Dani every day of this week and she told me that we would meet up by the number nine bus stop and we'd go together to see her friends.

I'm waiting, under the bus shelter. It's pouring outside. My gut is telling me that this will be a total disaster. But I really want to see Dani, that's the thing. She's late, just like our first date. That's probably just how she is.

I crack open my book and read while I wait. I get through five pages before she finally arrives. She's soaked from head to toe. Of course, she didn't think to take an umbrella. Her hair is completely wet and just flops over her face. I'm happy to see that she's wearing some leather boots and not those Converse made out of canvas.

She joins me under the shelter. I put my book away and look up at her face. She's in her black leather jacket and has a blue pullover under it. She smiles at me, scratching the back of her head.

"Hey," she says.

"Hey Dani," I reply, while getting up.

Even though someone could see us, I seize my opportunity and peck her on the lips. She looks pleasantly surprised. I see her trying to lean in for another round but I push her back.

"Later," I wink and take a step back.

I love teasing her. I think she loves it when I tease her too. She chuckles and smirks at me, "You ready to go?"

I nod, "Where are we going?"

"To my favorite place in the world."

"I hope it's indoors."

"Yes, princess, it is," she laughs.

The bus stops in front of us. I follow Dani inside. So, it was strategic to meet here. I understand her plans. We pick a seat near the back. Water is still dripping down her face and clothing. I rummage through my bag for at least some tissue. I pull out a packet, take one out and wipe her face.

"What are you doing?" she laughs again. It's the sweetest sound.

"Drying your face."

"I can do it myself, Pris."

"Fine, then take it," I roll my eyes and hand her the tissue.

She wipes her face off and puts it in her back pocket. She pulls out her phone and answers a call. By the way Dani is talking, I can tell that it's Alex. I sigh.

I suddenly blush when Dani's free hand ends up on my leg. She strokes my knee, while talking. It feels amazing. I place my hand over hers and just smile. Dani glances at me and breaks a smile as well while still on the phone. There's just something about her. Quite frankly, I don't what it is. It's most likely the sum of all of these super attractive things put together. But - it's not all physical with her. I do like how she thinks, talks and her interests. We can talk about books and movies forever. We differ in music though. Her love for contemporary rap doesn't match my admiration for alternative rock. We both agree that regular pop sucks though. So, there are similarities.

Her hand leaves my leg. It makes a bit sad at first but then I realize that it's because we need to get off the bus. I go down the steps and we end up in front of an arcade. That's her favorite place in the world?

Dani hangs up and follows behind me.

"We're going to the arcade?" I ask her.

"It's not an arcade."

She points at the building next to the arcade. It's a bowling alley.

"But you would have been disappointed by the arcade?"