𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣

╰┈➤𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙠

✧༺♥༻∞

it wasn't my proudest moment if i'm being honest. the words hit my chest like a fucking bus and i just didn't know what else to do. why in the hell i called the man i had known for less than a day instead of calling my friends was a complete mystery to me.

maybe it's the fact that he was across the hall and not across the country? who the hell knows. but when three swift knocks sounded from my door i realized the extremely embarrassing state i was in. i hadn't realized i was crying until i caught a glimpse of myself with mascara and eyeliner running down my face in the mirror across the room. my hair had become a messy bird's nest from running my hands through it and somehow i looked paler than normal.

long story short there was no hope in helping how i looked because after those three knocks in came a frantic-looking austin. the second he caught sight of me he was kneeling beside my bed as i tried with no success to clean myself up.

god this is embarrassing.

"ophelia what's wrong?"

god don't talk to me like that...

𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘰𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢...

i squeezed my eyes shut so i could see everything clearly as my hands scrambled around my bed for my phone. a gentle hand was laid on my forearm drawing my attention back to austin's concerned gaze. upon taking a good look at him he had changed out of his clothes from earlier and into a loose pair of black sweatpants and a black tank top. his eyes left my form for a second as he reached down to the end of the bed and grabbed my phone. i guess i had thrown it after i called him.

he handed it to me as his thumb rubbed up and down on my arm. "just breathe." he whispered and set my phone down in front of me. slowly my ragged breathing turned back to a semi-normal state. with shaking hands, i reached for my phone and skipped through jacob's messages and back to the news article.

i clicked on it before handing the phone to austin. the last thing i needed was for him to see the messages that had just been sent but the article would tell him enough.

i watched as he scrolled through the article. his eyebrows raised at certain parts and i saw his jaw clench at the photo of us earlier today. soon after he turned my phone off and handed it back to me. "i don't know what to do." i mumbled dropping my head into my hands. i felt the bed drop a little as austin sat down in front of me. he gently took hold of my hands and removed them from my face.

"look at me. it's gonna be ok alright. you don't have to say anything until you're ready and you know these people will sink their teeth into anything they can." he said with a warm smile. i wiped my eyes and nodded. "now go and shower it'll make you feel better and i'll order us something." he said helping me up from my blanket burrito. i shuffled over to my suitcase and grabbed an oversized hoodie and sweatpants. "thank you austin." i said before closing the bathroom door.

i turned on the hot water and stripped off my clothes before stepping into the steamy chamber. the hot drops did their best to strip away the pain of jacob's words but they could only do so much. they still hammered their way through my thoughts as i washed my body. by the time i was clean, it had consumed me. but no one had to know that. i forced a smile on my face as i slipped my clothes on and dried my hair.

when i stepped out of the bathroom i was greeted with two pizza boxes and austin scrolling through the tv stations. he had dimmed the lights slightly so the tv was the main source of lighting in the hotel room. when i opened the door he turned to me with a small smile. "i didn't really know what you would prefer so i just got cheese and pepperoni if that's ok." he said as he ran his fingers through his grown-out black hair. he must not have dyed it while filming had been delayed so some of his natural blonde hair was peeking through at the roots.

i sent him a smile back," yeah that's perfect actually." i grabbed two of the styrofoam cups from beside the coffee maker and filled them with ice and water before joining him at the foot of the bed. i handed him his cup to which he nodded his head as a thank you. i grabbed a slice out of the box as i watched him flip through shows and movies. "oh my gosh harry potter is on!" i said making him flip back to the channel. my personal favorite, harry potter and the goblet of fire, was just starting to play. the beauty of harry potter was no matter how upset i would be it never failed to make me feel better.

i quickly grabbed the blanket and pulled it over me as i cast my full attention to the tv. i saw austin reach back to grab himself a slice as well. " come to think of it i've never seen harry potter." he said as he took a bite. my jaw dropped as i shifted to look at him. "you're kidding! i don't think i can be friends with uncultured folk." i said playfully turning my nose up at him. he laughed and covered his face with his hand. "i'll have you know it's incredible and you are missing out severely." i said ruffling his hair a little. "alright alright gimme the remote you can't start on the 4th one even though it's one of the best." i logged into my peacock account and started the first film.

halfway through we had finished off the pizza and had sprawled out on my hotel bed. "thank you again austin." i mumbled and poked his side gently. he smiled brightly and poked me back. "no need to thank me." he said pointing to the tv, " besides i guess i'm cultured now so i should be thanking you." i shook my head as a giggle left my lips.

 "the pleasure is all mine mr. butler."