𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

╰┈➤𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙜 𝙨𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙘𝙝

✧༺♥༻∞

"𝙣𝙤! 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙫𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙛𝙛𝙮!"

"𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘺?! 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘺 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴!"

"𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙢𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 60 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨."

i groaned, flopping back onto the leather sofa before raising my wine glass to my lips. we were currently practicing our first scene together, which baz had told us was going to be crucial for setting up elvis and priscilla's love for each other. we had read up on the set notes he had sent to the two of us, which is why austin is standing by the window with his hands on his hips with a teasing smile. my eyes skimmed over the words that i would be mocking of my "father" before throwing the script back onto the coffee table and setting my glass down.

"alright let's run it again." i swirled my fingers in a circular motion making austin nod and retake his place on the chair not far from the widow to start the scene over. was he supposed to be on the floor, yes but padfoot would not let a person be at his level and not lick them to death. so he took the chair. i took my spot by the window, looking out at the backyard until austin made a little clicking noise, like the clapperboards on set, letting me know he was ready.

"and then he said to me," i faked taking a hit from a cigarette and exhaled dramatically before pacing the room," 'you know what priscilla, you've gotta listen to me, sweetie. this guy he's got girls all over the world and he's got girls waiting outside his house and got girls writing him fan mail. '" i grumbled in a scruffy tone which must have been pretty good considering i got a small thumbs up from austin as he watched me pace.

"and then mommy decides to pitch in and go, 'oooh what could he possibly see in you? what do you two do up there all night?'" i rolled my eyes before looking over to the chair we had established to be our "door". knowing that when we film there would be people peeking in, so i rushed over to the chair and pretended to shut the imaginary door. austin chuckled deeply from his seat as he fiddled with the script in his hands, but his eyes never left me. my heart picked up its pace seeing as we weren't stopping it seemed as if my mind skipped through the scene remembering there was a kiss at the end.

i brought myself back quickly as i stepped away from the chair, "and i just said ' mom, dad we talk and we listen to music, okay? that's all. ' and then they were going on and on and on about that photo of you and natalie wood riding around on that bike in memphis. oh and then what i said," i skipped over to sit next to him as he raised his fist to rest on his forehead. " i said ' listen ok he's just really lonely, and quite frankly so am i." i said with a curt nod of my head. austin tilted his head as we gazed at each other up close now. a bit of his damp black hair fell in his eyes due to my sad attempt at making it look like the signature elvis hair with no product in it. i got lost for a moment when his eyes flickered down to my lips for a split second before he grinned at me. he tapped his index finger on my thigh instantly bringing me back to earth, "what?" i whispered as if anyone else was in the house.

"there's one more line, o" he whispered back still grinning at me. i shook my head as a small string of curses left my lips along with a rushed apology. i brought myself back to the scene instantly putting myself back in priscilla's shoes. "and then they didn't really know what to say after that so i went upstairs and i went to bed." i said giving him a triumphant grin of my own.

"i've never met anyone like you,"austin said in his elvis voice as he leaned forward slightly. i can't even try to lie, that voice was going to grow on me so fast. my eyes flickered up and down his face as i titled my head, "well i hope not."

the scene went on from there as we found random objects to serve as our props, even padfoot got to have a spotlight moment as the interrupting soldier. we played the recording on austin's phone pretending it was a record player as the smooth voice of kacey musgraves singing 'can't help falling in love' drifted through the room. austin had taken his place by the window and i stepped up to join him timidly. my eyes trailed to the floor as i felt his arm go to rest over my shoulder and on the window seal. my heart was beating out of my chest for whatever reason but i wasn't going to screw up the scene again. i met his gaze as he was already looking down at me with those big blue eyes of his.

you're not making this easy austin.

"i think if you can dream it you can do it." i said quietly to him as another smile lit up his face again. "you do?" he asked back as he drew closer by a few centimeters. i nodded trying my best to keep in character, "yeah."

his eyes stared down at me as if he was asking if i wanted to finish the scene completely which only made my heart do another somersault in my chest. i gave him another small nod as we kept inching toward each other. his breath fanned over my skin for a moment as our lips brushed together. i stepped up on my tip toes making that final gap disappear and our lips collided.

i had to remind myself of the director's notes on the script after a moment. 'short and sweet kiss' was stamped on both of our scripts where this scene was. so after a moment of getting my heart under control, i brought my hands up to cup his face as i pulled away. i felt his other hand grip my waist as he held us steady. my eyes fluttered open as i brought air back into my lungs. our eyes met for a moment as we stayed close together. at this point, my body was pressed into him and our faces were mere inches apart.

in that moment we both knew the scene was over and we were standing there as ourselves. his eyes flickered down to my lips again making my breath hitch in my throat. then there we were again lips molded together.

𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢.

𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖.

✧༺♥༻∞

୨⎯ "author's note" ⎯୧

was that too rushed?

i can't tell i'm too sleep deprived

ALSO THANK YOU 7K READS OMG!!!

ilysm:')