𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

╰┈➤𝙡𝙪𝙘𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙨

✧༺♥༻∞

"𝘰𝘩 𝘩𝘶𝘴𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦!"

"𝙝𝙤𝙬?!"

"𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘥𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵!? 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘺!"

"𝙤𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙘."

currently, we were sitting at the back of the restaurant bickering about movies because what else do people do at dinner? my pop culture-infested soul was sobbing at his lack of knowledge as i made mental notes of what to force him to watch when we had free time while filming. so far the list was harry potter, twilight, and grey's anatomy but there was no telling what i would be adding in the future.

"ophelia isn't it just a cringey vampire romance series?" he chuckled as he leaned back in his chair. my jaw dropped dramatically as i just stared at him, "we aren't friends anymore. who are you again? alfred the butler or something?" his head rolled back and a sigh left his lips, "where the hell did alfred come from?" a small snort came from me before i could stop myself causing him to laugh. "fine fine i'll watch it! we good now?" he tilted his head as he looked at me with a small pout on his lips. i couldn't help the smile that spread on my lips right as our food was placed in front of us, "oh we're perfect alfred."

"oh my god-"

✧༺♥༻∞

after dinner, we set off to the local walgreens to pick up his much-needed hair dye. "i thought the stylists dyed your hair?" i asked as we walked into the small store. are we very overdressed? yes, but we're slaying so it's fine. "yeah but i figured i'd do it before i went back just so there's one less thing to do. i've done it once before anyway so it's fine." he said taking my hand gently as we made our way through the isles to the hair care section and came face to face with the rows of hair dye. "don't use splat i'll never forgive my emo phase for using that."i told him as he almost reached out for the box. he quickly retracted his hand before i stepped forward and handed him a different brand of black hair dye. "this one won't kill your hair. can't have those luscious locks getting fried, can we?" i grinned up at him. he nodded as he looked over the box before giving me a smile in return, "the luscious locks say thank you."

which brings us to now, i'm sitting on the covered toilet, and austin is sitting in front of me on the side of the bathtub in my bathroom. my gloved hands worked the product into his hair gently as they were experienced from dying my own hair on multiple occasions. his eyes were closed as he rested his chin on his fist and a content expression settled onto his face as i worked my magic. "so how long have you been a hairdresser?" he asked after a moment of silence. his eyes remained closed but i could tell by the perk of his ears he was listening intently as a laugh left my lips. "well i dyed my hair a few times in middle school and i had to for some rolls i've done, but i mainly do it for fun the rare times i'm allowed to." i said as i gently made him angle his head so i could make sure i covered everything evenly. " good to know i'm in safe hands." he said when i allowed him to sit up straight again. i giggled as i fished through my drawers eventually pulling out a plastic hair cap. "sorry to do this to you but if that dye gets on anything mom will have our heads on a stick." i said gently slipping it over his hair. he cringed at the crunching sound of the plastic as he looked up at me unamused.

"well don't you look so handsome mr. butler."

✧༺♥༻∞

ᵇᵉᵉᵖ...ᵇᵉᵉᵖ...ᵇᵉᵉᵖ

"time's up austin you can shower now!" i called from the living room sofa as he was rummaging through the fridge in the kitchen. "oh thank god!" i heard him yell before the fridge door closed and he dashed through the living room back to the bathroom. i laughed to myself as the door slammed shut behind him and the water began to run. only then did i realize that in his little rush to remove the dye from his hair, he probably forgot a towel as they resided in the closet across the hall from the guest bathroom. i padded down the hall and grabbed a dark towel so the dye wouldn't completely destroy it. i knocked on the bathroom's wooden door lightly, "hey austin i don't think there was a towel in there so imma lay one out here for you!"

a muffled 'thank you' echoed back from behind the door as i smiled to myself and left him to shower in peace. i slid back into my room to take a quick shower of my own just to freshen myself up as we agreed to practice our lines a little bit tonight. i slipped out of my clothes and tossed them into the dirty bin as the water began to heat up. soon after the room began to fill with steam as i stepped under the hot water. the drops soothed my skin making a content sigh echo in the room. i washed up and shaved quickly before reluctantly removing myself from the steamy chamber. i applied my usual skin care products and moisturizer before throwing on an oversized hoodie and sweatpants along with some fluffy socks.

i was drying my hair with the towel when i finally got a good look at myself in the mirror. the dark circles had reduced from under my eyes slightly but i couldn't help to notice the mood change i had undergone. just this time a few days ago i was crying and mourning a toxic relationship now it was as if i could barely remember it. granted i was always overflowing with happiness when i came home but this was different. obviously the things jacob said to me still lingered at the back of my head but i feel as if it didn't take as much of an effect as it did a few days ago.

right now i just feel the comfort that i've never felt before.

ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏ...ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏ...ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏ

"hey phelia you ready to go over our first scene?" austin's voice rang from the other side of the wooden door startling me for a second. "y-yeah just gimme a sec!" i said back quickly coming out of my little trance. "are you ok?" his voice was gentle as i heard the small creak of the wood as he leaned on it. with one final look over myself, i padded over to the door and swung it open with a smile plastered on my dewy cheeks. there he was as expected with his new black hair damp and covering his eyes slightly as he looked down at me. it took every muscle in my body to not allow myself to get lost in those baby blues.

"come on elvis we've got a scene to do."

✧༺♥༻∞

୨⎯ "author's note" ⎯୧

not the best but i've had the longest few weeks omllll

i'm gonna try my best to update this as much as i can cuz gurl it's about to get juicy

anywho thank ya'll for being here and i hope you're enjoying this book!

ilyyyyy