𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

╰┈➤𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙣

✧༺♥༻∞

╰┈➤𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

the little nickname ace had for me still confused me but i followed him into the living room anyway as he giggled to himself. "oh philly!" he taunted as we rounded the couch to find ophelia hanging upside down on the cushions. her short hair brushed the fluffy carpet and she giggled to herself as she watched the cartoons on the small tv. "philly your second favorite guy's here for you!" ace tickled her bare feet that were propped up on the back of the couch.

she tried swatting him away lazily but ended up rolling over onto the floor. my hand slapped over my mouth so i wouldn't laugh along with ace at her confused expression. red-rimmed her eyes as she turned her head to look at the two of us who towered over her. "oh my god it's pretty boy." she mumbled as a wide smile spread on her pink cheeks. "alien boy, o" ace corrected as he slumped down to prop her up into a sitting position. "oh yeah alien boy right..." her hazey eyes didn't leave me as i moved to sit down beside her. "hi phelia,"i whispered to her making her smile again before her head slumped onto my shoulder,"you feeling okay?"

she nodded lightly making her hair tickle my neck, "never been better." ace roamed back over to the recliner with a smirk playing on his lips as he watched to two of us on his living room floor. i rubbed her back gently and a small sigh left her lips as i felt her relax into my touch. i could practically hear my heart beating against my ribs when i rested my head on hers.

the only sound in the room for a moment was the drawl of the tv and the slow sound of ophelia's breath in my ear. "wait don't you two have a plane to catch in the morning?" ace perked up throwing his phone onto the table and grabbing his half-empty beer bottle. "yeah at 7 in the morning. she's not gonna be happy about that." i chuckled swiping some of the messy hair from ophelia's face. ace flopped back into the recliner making his curls bounce as he nodded. i watched his eyes flash between the two of us as he took a sip of his drink. "i'm guessing she told you?" i asked quietly so we wouldn't wake the wasted girl on my shoulder. the bottle left his lips as he tried to hide his smirk, "maybe."

a small groan left her lips before she rolled over to lean into my side more. her head slipped from my shoulder slightly and now rested on my chest where she snuggled in happily in her sleep. "she's not like this because of what happened is she?" a guilty feeling settled in my stomach at the thought of me being the partial reason she was in this state. in a quick and lightly clumsy movement, he sat up, "nah man. we get fucked up every time she comes home so she can let loose without reporters around. 'sides from what she was babbling about earlier she needed it big time." he gave me a shrug before taking another sip and falling back again. "what did she say?" my brows knit together curiously. a hand ran over his face slowly with a small sigh, "that douchebag she brought down here a while ago. i knew i should have kicked his teeth in when i had the chance." he chuckled dryly obviously referencing jacob. after what she had told me in the car i automatically didn't like him. who the hell cheats on her? she's honestly one of the most beautiful people i've ever met and she cares so much about the people around her. i know she didn't tell me the whole story the other day just by the way she spoke and i wasn't going to pressure her into telling me. but to know that one of the reasons she's like this is because of him just makes my blood boil.

"she was talking about you though," he smirked looking between the two of us," but i'll let her tell you all that when she's sober." i rolled my eyes with a groan obviously wanting to know what she had said, more importantly, if she was uncomfortable with the kiss. god, i hope not. all i wanted to know right now is if she is upset with me.  ace rose to his feet with a sudden pep in his step and a big grin on his face,"well i'm thinking it's time to get her home so yall can be on time for your flight." i nodded with a small sigh knowing if we didn't get home we were going to be miserable tomorrow. well, she already is.

my hand slid under her head so i could stand up slightly without her falling over. once i was on my feet i slipped one arm under her knees and wrapped the other around her back. i made sure she was secure in my arms before lifting her up from the carpet. a small yawn escaped her lips before she snuggled into my chest again. her eyes were half open as i followed behind ace's stumbling figure back outside. ace snatched her car keys from the table before kicking the screen door open with his foot.

i carefully made my way out the door making sure her feet didn't hit the door frame as we walked out. "ace where's her shoes?!" i tried whispering so she wouldn't get agitated. a string of curses left his lips right as he unlocked her car before he bolted back inside the house to find her sneakers. he left the passenger door open thankfully so i rounded the car and knelt down so her head wouldn't hit the top of the car's door frame. once i slid her into the passenger seat and got her buckled in i noticed that her eyes were fully open and a small dopey smile adorned her face. my hand reached up to hold her pink cheek lightly, the heat making my fingers tingle, "are you still feeling ok?" i asked gently. she nodded again and nuzzled into my hand, "i'm sorry..." she spoke softly and her words weren't slurring together as badly as before. it was then that i noticed her eyes had gone watery as she stared down at me and her once smiling lips now trembled.

"hey it's okay i promise," i gave her a smile of my own trying to get her to calm down, which it did thankfully. at that time ace joined my side with her black converse in hand and he knelt down beside me. i quickly retracted my hand from her pink cheek and took the shoes from his outstretched hand. "damn you're already making her cry for me?" he snickered making the intoxicated girl in the car groan dramatically. "you wish ass face." she grumbled trying to reach down to put the shoes on herself to which i quickly swatted away her hands. she gave me a playful glare but let me put the sneakers on her feet anyway. "well keep in touch mkay, o. can't have you forgetting me while you live the high life." ace said leaning into the car and giving the girl a hug. she looped her arms around his waist loosely soaking in her last moments with one of her best friends for a while. he started to pull away after a long moment a small sniffle emanating from him as he pressed a small kiss to her cheek. "love ya shithead." i heard him whisper to her making another smile spread on her face. "love you too, asshole." she said as he backed out of the car so i could finish the last loop of her shoelaces quickly.

he closed the door for her once i was done and we rounded the car back to the driver's side. i was taken by surprise when ace brought me into a side hug of his own, obviously, the alcohol still lingered in his system as well. "keep that promise alright alien boy." he said firmly as he patted my shoulder. his words from the gas station the first time i met him echoed in my head.

"keep her safe out there blondie."

i nodded quickly with a reassuring smile as he released me. he started to make his way back to the front door and i realised that i could get one answer out of him now. "hey ace one last thing," he whipped back around with his head tilted to the side, "what's with the nickname?" a taunting grin spread on his cheeks as his flashed to the girl staring out the passenger window not giving the two of us a second thought. his hands shoved into the pockets of his flannel pajama pants and a small snort escaped him. "let's just say she had a huge crush on one of the blonde guys from aliens in the attic."

✧༺♥༻∞