𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

╰┈➤𝙡𝙖𝙯𝙮 𝙡𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚

✧༺♥༻∞

since i was a teenager it was basically hardwired into me to get used to not being in my childhood home. for a long time, i was sad about it since a lot of my early acting journey i was alone. my parents had to stay here and work so that i could make my dreams come true. so i was used to the changes that were made when i was able to come home whether it be new curtains or new paint jobs. my mom was a huge fan of interior decorating while my dad just let her have her fun. he was a hard worker and loved being able to be home more after my mom opened her business. i know that being away from them was hard for them and not just myself, i am the only child they have after all.

now here i am grown up and still banned from the kitchen.

mom had insisted she didn't need anyone's help as she made lunch for the full house of people. austin had sat on the leather sofa beside me as my dad occupied his lazy boy recliner as we all watched a rerun of season 5 of grey's anatomy. the worst idea on my behalf since i had already binged the whole show with zendaya and florence a few months ago. i already knew what was in store for this episode the second they wheeled the bloodied man who was run over by a bus. a chill ran up my spine as i leaped from the cool leather couch and over to the bin of blankets beside the tv. i grabbed the large black fluffy one for myself and the red one for austin. his eyes were glued to the screen as he watched the doctors ponder over who the man was. i threw the blanket over his head as it draped down his upper body and he now took on the appearance of a red ghost. i giggled to myself as he tugged the blanket off of him quickly and sent me a playful glare. i wrapped my own blanket around my shoulders and plopped back into the spot beside him. "have you never seen grey's before?" i asked quietly so i wouldn't disturb my dad as he watched his favorite show. he shook his head making the ruffled hair sway, "no i didn't realize it was this entertaining though." he whispered back still glued to the tv. i made a mental note to add that to austin's must-watch list.

"here we are you two." my mom said as she rounded the coach with two bowls in hand. "since its getting colder i figured some good ol cheeseburger soup was a must-have." she grinned proudly as she carefully hands the two of us our bowls. "oh my god mom you read my mind," i said taking a big sniff of the steaming soup. my mouth watered as i quickly blew on the spoonful. austin and i seemed to have taken our first bite at the same time as we looked at each other as if we had just had a taste of heaven. "oh my god...mrs. tate this is amazing!" he said going in for another bite. i snickered lightly as i took another bite as well. she returned with a bowl for herself and my dad who was still focused on the tv. "thank you, sweetheart. for a while we couldn't go a month without having this at least twice even in the summer!" she laughed as she took a seat in her own recliner. "i get why." he laughed bringing his legs up to be sitting crisscrossed on the leather cushions.

two bowls later the episode was ending and i was in tears. as usual i cried every time this episode came on as george was one of my favorite characters. austin's jaw dropped as he finally knew the patient's identity despite barely knowing who he was to the show. i wiped away the tears as i was able to laugh at his shocked expression. "ophelia you act like you haven't seen this episode before." my mother snickered into her cup of lemonade as i finished wiping my cheek on the sleeve of my hoodie. "oh whatever! you cry every time we watch titanic!" i grumbled and leaned back into the couch. she held up a warning finger as i rolled my eyes at her sarcastically. "you know what i just realized?" austin asked leaning over a little and making his breath tickle my neck. i quirked an eyebrow at him asking for him to continue. "your dad kinda looks like the shepherd guy." he said as we both looked back to the screen. "holy shit he does doesn't he...so that's why mom married him."