The Confession

POV: Saiki Kusuo

"Saiki kun..."

Good grief, this is it. A month ago, Teruhashi suddenly had the courage to confess to me. Teruhashi's pride as the perfect girl and tried relentlessly to make me fall in love with her suddenly vanished. Ever since I found out, I've been avoiding her ever since. But since a month has passed, Teruhashi's attitude has grown gloomier. And due to the Teruhashi effect, the school has been a pain to be in. Once Teruhashi's fan club realizes that I'm the cause, they won't leave me alone. Even I can't go against God on Teruhashi's side.

So here I am, on the rooftop because the setting couldn't be any more cliche. And throughout my monologue, she still hasn't said anything else.

She's blushing so hard you would think it's caused by my pyrokinesis. If you want to know what's on her mind:

"I like you I like you I like you I like you I like you I like you I like you I like you I like you I like you.."

She really wants to say it.

She closed her eyes and yelled:

"I LIKE YOU!"

I was taken aback; good thing school was over a while ago. If not, guys from the entire school would run up here.

POV: Teruhashi Kokomi

I did it! I confessed to him! I can't wait to see his reaction. Will he finally say Oh...?

I opened my eyes. He stood there, mildly surprised. Well, his version of mildly surprised is largening his eyes.  Even though it wasn't the reaction I wanted, I got a reaction from the most emotionless boy in school.

...

He started walking to the rooftop door. And signaled me to follow him. What does this mean? What is his answer? I'm getting nervous!!!

POV: Saiki Kusuo

Good grief, I have two options:

1. Reject Teruhashi

2. Become Teruhashi's boyfriend.

I wouldn't want any of these options, but it's too late now. Both options have their own risks. If I reject Teruhashi, that will mean I rejected the planet's most loved girl, and that would make me the enemy of the entire planet. If I date Teruhashi, that will mean I am dating the planet's most loved girl, and that would make me the enemy of the entire planet. Hold on, they both have the same result. Both will interrupt my ordinary lifestyle (even more than usual). I need to think more about this. And fast.

POV: Teruhashi Kokomi

He's just been walking ahead of me. He looks like he's lost in thought. Don't tell me, my confession made him conflicted? I'm one step closer to making him say Oh...

POV: Saiki Kusuo

Judging from her thoughts, seems like her confidence is back.