Negotiation Between Titans

I was walking home after school and a limousine drove slowly beside me. I have a good theory on who it is. The black tinted windows rolled down and shows a Metori Saiko.

Metori Saiko: Yo, Glasses.

I see he dropped the "broke" part of the name.

M: I want to speak to you about something.

The last time he wanted to speak to me I was strapped to a metal chair and was about to be terminated. 

I simply continued walking, but the limo somehow kept the same pace of me walking, a very efficient driver.

M: I see you're aware that I cannot take you in by force, from what I've seen, but it would be a problem if I were to publicize your abilities, because I know for a fact that you're keeping it a secret.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to him. Metori flinched but smirked because he got my attention.

M: Now I got your attention. Come in, I'll send you to a gourmet coffee house to get some of the best coffee jelly.

Now he has my attention. I enter his limo and I was surprised to see that there are no guards with him. 

M: If you're wondering why there's no one with me, I don't want my friend to be uncomfortable.

That sentence is riddled with ulterior motives.

We arrived at the coffee house and I immediately order a coffee jelly parfait, I have to do what I came here for. Metori is just observing me while I enjoy my dessert.

M: Saiki,

He's calling my name this time.

M: I know that you are a man of few words, so let me explain to you the main reason I brought you here.

He really does his research on me.

M: I, Metori Saiko, am a scion to Saiko Conglomerate, the direct heir, the future CEO, and it will make me a very powerful man.

Nice exposition.

M: But that will also create some powerful enemies.

I think I know where this is going.

M: So watching your capabilities, will you be my underling?

An awkward silence happens, and I give him a disapproving look. Metori's affected by my negative response.

M: Hm, I see that offer isn't enough for you,

How was that offer enough for anyone?

Metori pulls out a briefcase. It's blatantly obvious what's inside of it.

M: Then how about this?

He opens the briefcase and shows the briefcase filled with 100 dollar bills. And I just plainly look at it. I've seen his stacks of cash too many times to care about it. When it comes to money, I prefer more traditional means, not being a superpowered guard to the son of the CEO.

M:...Well worth a try.

Was it?

M: Time to use plan B.

He has a plan B?

He pulls out a another briefcase that's filled with premium coffee jelly vouchers. And it's beautiful. I don't know why he made this plan B. It is a very tempting offer, because of course it would be.

S: Metori-san,

Metori widened his eyes in surprise, I should get used to people being surprised that I can speak verbally.

S: You might have met people that can literally be bought with things like this,

I push the briefcase.

S: But I'm not one of them.

Metori processes my refusal and responds,

M: You and the people you're surrounded with have this annoying sense of dignity.

He closes the briefcase.

M: But that trait does make you people fascinating to watch.

He puts the briefcase back down and weirdly wants to start a conversation.

M: Usually, the deal will be void and we will go our separate ways, since again, I can't force you on it.

S: ?

M: Why did you refuse? From one powerful person to another, it's such a shame that your abilities aren't put into good use.

What is this sudden flattery?

M: With all of those talents internalized, it's probably hard to find anyone that can relate to you.

Isolation? 

M: Actually, you restraining yourself makes yourself less important than other people. 

Devaluation.

M: Is that kind of behavior really going to help others...especially Kokomi-chan,

And fear.

S: That's enough.

I quickly shut him up. The four stages of manipulation. He can try all he can to manipulate me, I'm not stupid enough to fall for it. But bringing Kokomi into this is another story.

S: I have come to terms with how different I am with everyone else a long time ago. I hide my powers on purpose so that I can live life like everyone else. And I do use my powers,

I pull out the briefcase that was previously in Saiko's possession that I took with telekinesis.

S: I'm just very good at hiding it.

Metori realized and checked that his briefcase was gone. He starts laughing. Right after the laugh, he continued.

M: You're still as monstrous as ever.

Immediately dropped the flattery.

M: You saw through my attempt there, very impressive. But you didn't really answer my question. From my sources, you don't really have a certain goal or ambition.

S: I don't. I used to not have one anyway,

T: If I become your housewife,

T: I can be your interest,

T: And I can give you a goal, which is to make sure our happiness lasts forever.

S: But lately, I have one in mind that I have been keeping secret.

Which is her.

M: Interesting. Your capability and resolve made me realize that I can't have you as an inferior. Maybe it's better to change my approach.

He stood up and held out his hand.

M: Maybe a better deal is to acknowledge you as an equal.

The most prideful person in the world is willing to see me as an equal. What a turn of events, I should be flattered. I stared at him for a while and also stood up to shake his hand.

M: Let's start fresh then, nice to make your acquaintance, my name is Metori Saiko, scion of Saiko conglomerate. Pleasure doing business with you, Saiki Kusuo.

I smiled from his rare moment of formality.

S: Likewise.

Before he left, his last words before leaving were,

M: Out of respect for an equal, I will keep your abilities a secret. There are also more benefits for me to being one of the few to know about it. I swear on the name of Metori Saiko.

When he left, I noticed that he slipped his business card onto my hand. I looked to the seat beside me and he also left the briefcase filled with vouchers. Good grief, he's already getting used to diplomacy.