A Special Birthday

POV: Teruhashi Kokomi

One week ago...

Kaido, Hairo, Kuboyasu, Chisato, Yumehara, and Kokomi are sitting on a long arrangement of chairs and desks in a dark room. The situation seems tense.

K: Now then...let us begin...

Kaido flips the whiteboard.

K: Operation Surprise Saiki Reincarnated!

T: Reincarnated?

K: 2...Operation Surprise Saiki 2.

Guess the name is something to work on.

K: Our previous plan worked perfectly, but there was one problem that we didn't factor in, which is Saiki himself!

He points at a picture of Kusuo.

K: At first, we'd thought that Saiki would be predictable and follow the schedule he's in, but knowing that it didn't work last time, it doesn't help that Kusuo never talks about his daily life. So we need someone who can keep tabs on Saiki.

Aren Kuboyasu: What about Nendou, he's his longest friend.

K: Doesn't work, that would make Saiki go home even earlier.

H: I can do it.

K: You would sidetrack Saiki and we would have to wait for hours.

Yumehara points to herself and Chisato.

Y: What about us?

K: A better idea, but it would make Saiki uncomfortable.

The discussion kept going but no clear answer is coming from it. I raised my hand.

T: I don't mind accompanying Saiki.

K: Ooh, great idea. It would be a present for Saiki too having Teruhashi Kokomi keeping an eye on him.

T: I don't think it's that much of a present.

Usually I say that to sound humble, but I actually spend a lot of time with Kusuo anyway.

K: Alright, plan updated, Teruhashi-san, don't let Saiki Kusuo escape your sight!

Present day...

POV: Saiki Kusuo

This is an odd sight. Kokomi is sitting right in front of me during school hours with a bright smile. I made a point for Kokomi to not treat me differently during school since the beginning.

S: Kokomi,

T: What is it?

S: What are you doing here?

T: How unwelcoming.

S: It's not that I don't want you, It's more that you're literally not supposed to be here.

T: I have my reasons this time.

Seeing how casual her response was, I didn't feel like prying in on her reasons. 

T: So what do you usually do at school?

S: Preferrably nothing, but everyone always bothers me.

It is suspicious that no one's bothering me today, but Kokomi being here is enough for me to deal with.

T: That sounds so boring though.

S: That's the plan.

Kokomi pouted. She really wants to do something with me.

T: Is that really all you do?