Study Sessions and Ambitions

POV: Saiki Kusuo

T:
Kusuo,

S: Hm?

T: How well off are you academically?

I stood up, open my desk drawer and showed her my test results.

T: It's...very average.

She looked at me and as if a light bulb lit up on her head she realized.

T: Oh, this is on purpose.

S: Good job for figuring it out.

T: So are you actually smart?

S: Well, if smart meaning I can access any knowledge from the planet, then I guess I am.

Instead of getting amazed, she suddenly felt down.

S: What's wrong?

T: I thought since the finals are soon, I can teach you.

S: I appreciate the thought, but I prefer my grades to stay the same.

T: Is that so? Now what, my grades are already fine.

As a result from Kokomi's pursuit of being the perfect girl, she has one of the highest grades of the school.

T: Kusuo, can you teach me to get full scores on all of the subjects.

S: I can.

T: You can?

S: But I don't think you want that.

T: Why?

S: You already have your title of the perfect girl. If you had perfect grades, you'll end up being the school prodigy. And that can be a bit too perfect.

T: You're the only one who calls me perfect with a straight face.

S: At this point, it's less of a compliment and more of your character.

The study session ended up being an uneventful tutoring session. Kokomi asked me one or two questions while studying and I just ended up reading a book the entire time.

T: Kusuo, you should try being a teacher, since you're smart and all.

S: You don't think of Shakespeare writing magazine articles and Hercules being a gym trainer.

T: Weirdly accurate.

T: You say that, but that just makes me wonder, what do you want to be when you grow up?

S: That question. Huh, even my parents don't ask that. People have ambitions because they specifically have one thing they want to dedicate themselves in and want to grow to it. And that one thing is what they want to be the best in compared to everything else. I don't have that. I don't have interests, and I'm too special to specialize in something.

S: With that logic, I can ask you the same thing. What do you want to be when you grow up?

She smiled, as if she wanted me to ask that question. She continued to lay her head on my shoulder and leaned onto my arm.

T: I want to be a housewife.

I widened my eyes in surprise. Not what I expected from Kokomi.

S: Why a housewife?

She giggled and replied,

T: Not just any housewife, I want to be your housewife, Kusuo.

I flinched at her response. She laughed and was satisfied from my reaction

T: If I become your housewife,

T: I can be your interest,

T: And I can give you a goal, which is to make sure our happiness lasts forever.

She's still leaning on my shoulder, so she didn't notice that I was blushing the entire time, but now I need to be sincere.

I put my hand on her head.

S: If that's my goal, I'll make you the happiest person in the world.