Chapter 3

My whole fucking world just stopped

In front of me stood a woman not more than 5'5 ft, with the most beautiful doe honey brown eyes I've ever seen. Her hair was in a half updo with a silk ribbon and the rest of her hair were in waves along her waist. She wore an Indian attire with I didn't know the name of ;that was yellow in color with white skirt , but her kohl rimmed eyes, a small black dot between her brows and her cherry lips with a pair of gold earrings  radiated nothing but beauty, simplicity and purity.

I was in an awe of the beauty in front of me , as her eyes bore into mine.When someone called from behind.

" Alaya" ,  my dear father - in - law called in a concerned tone.

She ran away from the front of my eyes with that fucking cat. 'Don't go' i wanted to say. Fuck did I really say that?

Mr. Singhania intervened, " Sorry, don my daughter didn't mean to run into the room like this and I'll pay the damage of your shoes caused by our cat".hmmm.OK WHAT THAT'S HIS DAUGHTER? FUCK,i really don't mind this whole arranged marriage thing you know.

I sat down as he spoke.

" We all know that this marriage isn't by your choice. But as a father I have no other choice, my daughters' safety is my first priority and we also know that you haven't been informed about her mutism. As I've been told ".

" What do you mean she's mute? " I turned my head to look at my parents , who saw me as if they didn't knew a thing.

" I mean she can't speak ".

" I know what being mute means" I hissed. Seriously, I mean she's gorgeous and definitely one of a kind but.

" Jake" My dad belowed in an angry tone.

"Mr.& Mrs. Singhania if you could give us a minute please? " He asked in a calm voice. As soon as they left I just couldn't hold it in.

" Are you fucking serious dad, you knew she was mute didn't you?, how could you do this to me? "

" Jake, manners first of all and it doesn't matter she's mute, I've promised an alliance and now you move your ass up from the chair, and when Mr. Singhania enters you apologize for your behaviour ".before I could protest ; my father beat me to it.

" No, jake no arguments ".Throughout , the whole conversation my mom stayed silent. A part of knew what she was thinking.

" Mom" I called, I seem to have woke her up from the web of her thoughts.

" Jake, honey I think your dad's right and she looks like an angel. I really do believe things happen for a reason, I mean what we're the odds of you finding a wife. You've been putting the topic of marriage off for a while now. It's time you find a queen for the empire and provide an heir to the throne and we're not getting any younger ". She held her hands in mine tightly.

" I know, this isn't your daily routine but baby we want to see you happy, this life of underworld no matter how much power it gives you, it also succumbs you into darkness from which only love can bring you back. Your dad and i had an arranged marriage, I was so scared of the world of crime, so you can only think what's going on that mind of hers.But your father made me feel like I've never felt before and i love him more than i love myself somedays. " I know this  for a fact,  that my dad worships the ground my mother walks on, you would think a ruthless mafia don would be a cold and an arrogant husband  who would be ruling towards his wife. But it was quite the opposite, my mother came from a simple family and my grandfather was the one who fixed their marriage , whenever I hear their love story it's sounds something straight out of a story book. Specially, my maternal side has no mafia connections and they live of farming in Spain. Still my dad was mesmerized when he first met my mother and in a way he still is.

I removed my hands from the caress of my mothers and gave my dad a slight nod agreeing to his words.

Soon Mr. Singhania sat in front of us.

" I'm sorry don, my wife couldn't join she's with my daughter ".

" It's quite alright, I owe you an apology for my behaviour towards my discovery of your daughters mutism, please forgive me it was very rude of me". His expression was on of a kind, his eyes lit up in surprise from my apology. He curtly just nods silently accepting my apology.

" Don't mind me asking, but has she been always been mute? " My curiosity couldn't help but to ask this question.

" No, my daughter was never this way, she was very vivacious her entire childhood,her laughs used to fill up our whole house,she even used to sing once upon a time and even played the piano that you see there" He pointed at a grand piano that was sitting closed at the corner of the living room. His eyes seem to glass over a thought, maybe a painful thought.

" Everything, was fine even when we told her about our work she always cared about us and supported us but we never forced her to partake in anything that she didn't wanted to and my innocent child she was she never interrupted in any matters related to the mafia, but as if someone casted a bad eye on my daughter ; we were attending the annual mafia ball that was held in Russia that year, around 7 years ago, Alaya never liked social gatherings and was very anxious and refused to go with us. I still curse myself every day for persuading her to go to that ball with us and i will carry the regret of that day till the day i die" . His hoarse voice gave way pain.

" Why , what happened? "

" That , we still don't know till this day, during the ball lights went out and when they came back she was not there with us, we searched everywhere and after a week of searching  after an anonymous tip,I found my daughter in the middle of nowhere with bruises and cuts all over her body and after admitting her to the hospital, where she spent two months in induced coma to recover , my daughter was never the same, she lost the ability to speak , the person who did this made sure that she would never be able to speak, he removed my daughters' voice box so she would never  be able to speak ".Now everyones' eyes we're glossy mine too after what we heard.

This is cruel, way too cruel ; I am not a good person but i know too that a person who is not guilty shouldn't be subjected to such act of cruelty.

Mr. Singhania joined his hands" Don, I'm desperate for the safety of my daughter and i will do anything to protect her even if I take my last breath to do so, you're my last hope. So please tell me do you agree to this alliance or not ".

" I agree to the alliance, I will marry your daughter as soon as possible ".i declared.
.
..
.
.

Do let know, how you liked it and what more would you guys like to see in the upcoming chapters

Do you like jake?

Till then, spread love not hate ❤.

.
Follow me on Instagram @ sanchitamaji_04 .

Bye.