Chapter 6

The wellingtons were on their way back to New York with their new bride

The wellingtons were on their way back to New York with their new bride.The newly wed couple stayed quiet , as there was a slight sense of disagreement between them .

Flashback-

" Jake she needs her cat " her father explained.

" No , she doesn't and this cat doesn't even like me". His anger fumed as he stared into luna's eyes who made herself comfortable in Alaya's arms.

" It's only a matter of time , she'll warm up to you ".

" Yeah , she will by pissing on my goddamn shoes " he hissed in a loud voice. Somehow scaring her.

Her eyes watered as she looked at him petting her emotional support cat , who now hissed at him for making her owner cry .

" Okay , I'll see what I can do but no promises ".

Flashback ends -

The cat meowed in her owner's arms , who was now sleeping on her seat while cuddling her close . She looked at Jake as if she had won the war.

" You just wait and see cat. I'll throw you out of my house if you ever try to piss on my shoes again ." He whispered in a warning tone while caressing Alaya's cheek , who was now in a deep slumber ; he looked at the cat who stared at him while wagging her tail lazily almost in a challenge.

He covered Alaya with a blanket as she slept. He continued to work as he kept a check on her in regular intervals , only to find that snowy cat sleeping as well.

The plane soon landed . They were now in the estate of the Wellingtons.

While their commute from the airport to the estate , Alaya stared outside looking at the busy streets and city lights that stretched the streets of New York.