Chapter 14

" Regina has experienced a ptsd attack , Don has she experienced any other episodes in this present time , nightmares maybe?" The doctor said , while Alaya slept on their bed , her hands bandaged and her face pale from the episode

The words of the doctor shocked Jake to the core , he never knew that his wife suffered from ptsd. And that too he had been the cause of this episode.

He remembers it clearly just before he received the  call. His words struck her somewhere deep in her memory . Resulting in this incident. The way she cried while holding his collar , so desperately broke his heart. He has never seen her so vulnerable. But what made her have a reaction like that ? He needed to know about everything regarding her.

He immediately dialed a contact and said " I need every fucking detail on the night my wife got kidnapped. Now " . He growled after cutting the phone.

My eyelids felt heavy

My eyelids felt heavy. When I tried to open them , sharp light entered in my eyes making me wince. I tried to shadow my eyes , thick bandage came in view . Everything struck in my mind in a millisecond. The roses . The blood . Him.

I remembered sobbing on his chest. What will I tell him ? Where is he anyway. A sudden heaviness on my other hand answered my question. My eyes shifted to my husband who slept on the chair while keeping his head on our intertwined hands. Why is he so beautiful? Why is he so caring ? When I tried to shift the little tendril of his hair from his forehead. He woke up slowly blinking and his exotic green eyes made it's presence. God i love those eyes of his.

He blinked a few times , as if he couldn't believe what was in front of his eyes . His rough palms gently cupped my cheeks as sleep vanished in his eyes and his eyes filled with the emotions I have never seen in anyone's eyes for me .....is this love ? Or anguish ? Or something in between ?

" Darling, you scared the living shit out of me . Don't ever do that to me , I was so scared you didn't wake up for 2 days ". He took a deep breath as if he didn't wanted to blurt out anything that would spill out his inner feelings for me.
Something in him drags me to accept there are still a few good people who are left on this earth.

I couldn't sign to him cause my bandaged hands didn't allow me to do so. He seem to understand my dilemma and said.

" You need to relax , okay you're hands will take a week or two to heal so until then we'll ask you questions regarding anything and you blink twice if you want that and once if you don't and just shake your head if you don't want to do anything. Understand ?"

I couldn't help but blink twice , he smiled as I followed his instructions. I would follow him a million times if it makes him smile.

As if he couldn't help himself , he grabbed my face and kissed me urgently. Desire and a sense of peace reverberated between us . I gave in to his desire and let him know by my actions that I'm in peace and that he doesn't have to be so worried.

When his lips detached from mine and he then peppered my face with kisses making my cheeks heat with adoration for him.

Gently holding my hands he kissed my bandaged hands and looked deeply in my eyes and said " Darling , I know that you suffered from a ptsd attack today and that you have problems with sleeping , was there something that I said triggered you ?" . I immediately stiffed at his question , he seemed to have noticed about my hesitation and he said " You don't need to tell me anything , but Darling if you're facing difficulty with anything .You tell me okay ?

I blinked twice. Giving me a forehead kiss he said " Let's have some food okay . " I gave him a smile in response to that.

He quickly  called Agatha , soon she came up with some tofu miso soup and noodles . His considerate nature made me remember the first time this happened  .

Flashback  ~

I was sitting to have lunch  with Jake today but as soon as Agatha came with steak , mash potato and gravy I couldn't  help but grimace .

Jake seem to have noticed my reaction and asked " What happened Darling is everything  alright  ?"

I typed the message  ' I don't eat non - vegetarian  especially  beef '.

When he read this message he immediately  ordered  Agatha to take  the food and he too ordered to take away his plate too, this made me surprised  than ever before.

' why did you do that ?' I typed.

" Listen Darling, if you're not eating it then I wouldn't  okay and you're not obliged to do anything  if you don't  like it okay ?" I smiled as he gave me a kiss on my cheek making me blush furiously .

He stood up and gave me his hand and dismissed the staff , wearing an apron and said " Let me make best spaghetti  that you'll  ever have in your life ".

He quickly held me up and made me sit on the counter top as he chopped the vegetables and cooked the pasta and soon he ended , he plated the spaghetti  in bowls quickly  adding cheese. It all looked so decedent and scrumptious,  and his pure dedication  towards making all this made it all look so tasty.

We sat in the kitchen eating the pasta as we enjoyed each other's company , this side of him made the butterflies in my stomach multiplied even more than it did from the first day we met.

Flashback ends ~

I ate the supper and the medicines that he gave me. Soon he left as he had to take an important  call from work , my  attention now went to luna who was sitting near my feet now came near me after stretching her body and meowed  in a worried tone , she examined me slowly and then settled in my lap as she meowed slowly wagging her tail lazily oh my sweet girl  i cuddled her close.She and Jake seemed to have made some kind of a truce where they both have divided their time for me. Whenever  Jake and I spend time together she gives us privacy as if she could understand  that we needed that.

My eyes started drooping and soon I fell into sleep while thinking about none other than Jake.

.
.
.
.
.

And that's  it for the new chapter , of His silent bride

And that's  it for the new chapter , of His silent bride.... it's  good to be back I hope to update  soon enough let me know your views on this chapter and I'll see you guys soon.
.
.do like if you enjoyed and share with your friends .
.
Follow  me on instagram  : @ sanchitamaji_04 

.
.
Spread love not hate ❤️.

Bye.....