Chapter 10

As soon as I entered the estate after a quite hectic meeting regarding the deals between the Japanese and us and to be honest work meetings suck

As soon as I entered the estate after a quite hectic meeting regarding the deals between the Japanese and us and to be honest work meetings suck. There  were times when I enjoyed  work but the only thing that inhabited my brain was my wife.

A number of servants came to take my coat , and my cufflinks off.

Upon ascending the stairs I could hear the melody of  " can't help falling in love with you" on  the piano and no one other than me knew how to play the piano except.

I immediately ran up the stairs taking my steps towards the reading room. The piano stopped.  As a soft  clap erupted in the air.

My eyes found a little girl sitting with my wife clapping with a smile on her face , as Mrs. Clark watched them with a grin on her face and blurry eyes.

My wife played the piano. And I wasn't there.

The girl stopped after she saw me , making the other two look at me. They were shocked to say the least . Mrs. Clark bowed to me as my wife just stared at me with her doe eyes.

The little girl watched me with curiosity  before turning to my wife and they started signing.  The conversation between them wasn't at all understood by me .

" She's asking who are you ?"  , suddenly Mrs.Clark broke the silence.

" Is she your daughter?"

" Yes don ". I hummed in her response.

" She wanted to meet madam , so I asked madam if she wanted the same. If you don't want that we can leave".

" No " I stated stopping her . Her eyebrows knitted in question.

" Let them be , how old is your daughter?"

" She's  9 years old don".

" From today , if she needs anything in terms of education , healthcare or any other help I'll do it ".