Chapter 5

The wedding preparations commenced, silently within the mansions' walls ; no one other than the staff, knew about the wedding

The wedding preparations commenced, silently within the mansions' walls ; no one other than the staff, knew about the wedding. Both the mafias swore to secrecy until it was all in legal papers and until the Wellingtons reached New York, with the new donna.

Although from the outside no one knew about this affair, but within the four walls chaos echoed.

The henna was drying on the bride's hand, but her cheeks were hot with tears ; since her father announced the news of the Don's acceptance of the marriage proposal , her inner thoughts seem to seep out only through her tears. She felt helpless,  her whole life before the storm that took her apart ; has somehow waited for the one. Her mother, tried to console her daughter as much as she could, but how could she? She knew how ruthless the American mafia was and her concern for her daughter only grew more tension on her again face.

" Beta, I tried to talk to dad but you know this is for your safety and nothing else".
She smoothed her daughters' hair as her daughter her head on her lap.
While kissing her head she said " We love  you, and even we'll be miles apart, our hearts will be one ; never forget that. Okay? ". Her nodded in confirmation.

Later in the evening, after the haldi ceremony the groom was now getting ready, the Don's mind was hazed with the thoughts of his bride what is she like? What does she think of me? ' What do you think she thinks of you, you are a mafia don for fuck sakes' his subconscious mocked.

Whilst getting ready, a knock surfaced on his door, " Come in " He allowed.

His father in – law , came into the room, silently ,  closing the door.

" Don, can i speak with you for a moment? "

" Please, don't address me like that, you're going to be my father in - law in just few hours and that alone gives you the liberty to call me jake. Since, from today we are going to be bound by family ". The sincereness in Don's comment, made Mr. Singhania somewhat more assured about his decision about his daughters marriage to the don.

" The only thing, I would like from you is a promise ".he stated.

Jake's brow quirked " What kind of promise? "

" That you'll take care of my daughter, ever since the incident happened , this mansion has lost its sunshine ; I no longer hear her sweet voice that sung in these four walls, and you know what? When I held her in my arms for the first time, I knew I'll never be able to love anyone or anything more than her, she's my hope, alaya, but my lifestyle, took her hope away and i failed her as a father once. So, don't make me regret my decision jake. " The plead and desperation in a father's concern could be understood just by his statement.

" I promise you, I will always be true to your daughter and give her the place and respect that a donna does. And that i will never misplace your faith in me " . He promised in an equal serious tone.

Mr. Singhania hugged jake, and whispered " Thank you " .

After, the talk ; the groom reached the mandap ( the Pavillion) , where his parents were seated opposite the bride's parents and jake sat between them on his seat next to the priest who chanted the holy rites into the havan kund ( fire pit) , for the marriage ceremony.

Soon the bride's parents stood to accompany their daughter to the Pavillion, when Jake's eyes sat on the bride,  at this moment nothing came into his mind , his heart beated a thousand miles per hour ; he wanted nothing more than to see his bride'...

Soon the bride's parents stood to accompany their daughter to the Pavillion, when Jake's eyes sat on the bride,  at this moment nothing came into his mind , his heart beated a thousand miles per hour ; he wanted nothing more than to see his bride's face that was hiding underneath the scarlet veil. When  she came near , jake stood up offering his hand as she accepted ; only for them to find an immediate sense of warmth that they have never felt before.
After exchanging the flower garlands and rings Jake still didn't wanted to leave her hand they sat down as the priest resumed the mantras. Alaya somehow, was calm as she a havoc of emotions she couldn't convey.

Soon they revolved around the fire pit seven time, as the priest announced each  promise a round held.

" Now, the husband will put mangalsutra around the wife's neck and sindoor( Vermilion) on her forehead  to complete the ceremony " .

Soon the veil was lifted, where both their  eyes met  ; his sparkled with promise and conviction to protect her and hers sparkled with trust in his promises.

As he placed the mangalsutra around her neck ; her eyes followed his movements , he gave her a smile to reassure the same , when he placed the pinch of Vermilion on her forehead a narrow drop of crystal tear made it's way on her cheek.

She knew at this moment, her life is chaged forever, they are bound together.

His calloused thumb rubbed her tear away as she closed her eyes bathing in this warmth.

His lips touched on her forehead, as he whispered " I'll protect you forever ". He placed the veil back covering her face as they stood up to gather blessings from their family.

When Alaya touched his feet, he startled holding her shoulders " What are you doing? "

" It's our way of providing respect to elders or husbands since she's your wife " . Her mother spoke.

To their shock when she rose, he reached  for her feet ; only to refuse him to touch her feet and shaking her head in a negative way. Now, he got confused.

" Did, I do something wrong? "

" The husband isn't supposed to touch his wife's feet ".her father spoke.

" But she's my equal " .

And when he touched her feet ; her heart blossomed with butterflies after hearing his statement. She couldn't imagine a mafia don, like him touching her feet and that too calling her his equal.

Maybe this marriage wouldn't be so bad after all.

Hope you guys like the new chapter, and i would love your response on the same.

Where do you think Jake should take Alaya for their honeymoon?

If you enjoyed reading then do like the chapter.

Spread love not hate ❤

Bye 😘.