Chapter 23

Alaya was unconscious as she was laid on her bed , luna quickly came near her and settled in an alert manner

Mr .& Mrs. Singhania looked at their child with pain and tears flooding in their eyes. Why her ? She was so content and happy. As if a shadow of evil has now surrounded her.

Her Ill frame gave her in — laws no hope. She was waning away quickly from their eyes.

Days passed as Jake's entire mission became to find that bastard and kill his entire existence.

Soon the mansion filled with melancholy  as they also heard the hushed news of the loss of an heir .

It was after a few days that they got a lead .

As soon as Jake got a clue he immediately went to search for the bastard and kill his entire bloodline slowly .

But all of it led to a dead end as he only found a chit on his dead soldiers.  That said only one thing " I'll be back to take what's mine ".

And everytime he roared in pain . He couldn't see the pain his wife went through.

One day while he was keeping a close eye on her . She opened her eyes and looked at him raising her hand to call him close. He quickly held her as if a man starved for food grabs for food.

Her frail fingers were soft against his rough busted hands . He held her hand with hope hoping to see the gleam of love in her empty eyes.

Instead she loosened her hand to slowly draw patterns on his palm , which where letters. As she slowly feathered her fingers over his palm indicating a letter. He slowly got a hang of the words. " kill him " & " he haunts me " ," I want his blood ".

As soon as her hand stopped he held her tight , her fingers curled around his . Tears in his eyes  accumulated quickly as her eyes left a few tears herself .

He kissed her forehead  as he held her close promising her the very thing and many more.

.....

After the defeat again , he came back home being only to be surrounded by chaos . He immediately thought the worse " What if something has happened to her ?"

He ran quickly up the stairs to witness his Alaya sleeping under the covers . He went close to her to check her pulse. She was alive.

The old nurse who saw this was saddened by this. It was then that Alaya abruptly opened her eyes and her eyes met with him . Although her eyes were devoid of any emotion her hands reached for Jake for comfort . And God he loved it. Her bony fingers touched his wrist with a slight tug asking him to lay with him .

He immediately understood it and sat close to her.

For the first time in a month she held him close as she slowly wandered her fingers to his chest . She kept her head on his chest and soon succumbed to sleep.

And that day Jake had a good sleep too.

For the first time after these painful weeks of seeing my love in pain

For the first time after these painful weeks of seeing my love in pain . I felt solace..

I've been awake since an hour and I can't stop looking at her face. My darling Alaya,  the sole of my existence without her I would've been nothing but a hollow man . She made me feel everything that I denied in my life . Love and affection.  The true meaning of kindness.  The meaning to care for someone who loves you. Seeing her in this pain made me want to chop the one in pieces and give them to the hounds.

Her eyelids moved and she woke up slowly only meet my eyes. For the first time she looked In my eyes . She was calm and serene as if she felt peace .

She moved her eyes to my side seeing the water tumbler . I quickly got into action making her sit and made her drink the water.

" How are you feeling darling ?"

Looking at her plastered left hand I knew that she was trying to sign but couldn't.  I brought her a marker and board , her frail right hand took it and started to write —

" I thought he'll kill me this time ".

A fresh wave of tears hit her as she signaled him to wipe it off only to write.

" I prayed everyday for you to save me "

Now Jake was the one who had tears.

" just a big longer my darling , I'll avenge you I swear " .

After wiping off the board once again she wrote.

" Do you hate me ?"

"Why do you think that baby ?"

" Cause I couldn't protect our baby ?"

Jake sat straight as he cupped her cheeks and rubbed the tears off and said that " Alaya listen to me once and for all . YOU ARE MY WIFE .okay and you did everything that could to protect our child , it was me who should've been more cautious and i should've protected you but I didn't.  IT WAS MY FAULT. The day I'll find that goddamn son of a bitch I'll make sure he won't live another day of solace. I'll make his death hard and painful. My darling , don't even think that you're at fault. I love you and I'll continue to do so even with or without kids. Please forgive me " .

His cheeks strained with tears were now at her chest as she held him with her right hand and cried along with him.

The sorrows that they shared that day , gave birth to a new beginning for them and a resolution for vengance that grew in Jake's heart .

Thank you everyone for 100k reads ...it's insane how the idea of my book sprouted into something that received so much love from you guys.

I'm blessed to have you all. I've been under the rock because of my health. I hope to write soon and better chapters . Until then spread love not hate ❤️  . Bye 👋