Chapter 4

Today, is the day of the arrival of my future husband and in — laws and I'm scared

Today, is the day of the arrival of my future husband and in — laws and I'm scared. What if he's like him? No, never my father would never do that to me right?
I paced back and forth in my room, with no sight of my dad, mum or luna. Where did she go?

Some commotion outside stopped my rapid train of thoughts as I stood near the window to see what was going outside. My parents greeted a couple whose backs were all i could see from my spot.

I have to find luna, before I have a panic attack, I stepped outside of my room in search of my lovely mischievous cat.
Spotting here tail, I followed her only to stop her from getting scolded by our guests. This girl what will i do with her?

As I stood , I felt a much more powerful and dark presence behind me ; my curiosity got the best of me as I turned my head  and craned up my neck to meet eyes with a very handsome man, whose eyes were as green as the luscious grasslands, his forehead shadowed with deep brown locks with a sharp jawline and a cut on his right eyebrow his look was very demeaning and authoritative ,  he towered over me and his Achilles like body didn't help, I couldn't take my eyes off him. Oh my god did I really think that?

" Alaya" My father called, making me stop my staring contest at this enigmatic man who stood in front of me. I quickly realised the gravity of the situation. I immediately grabbed my cat in my arms and ran into my room, after closing my door I panted heavily. What just happened there?

Just as I was in the deep waters of my overthinking sessions, a knock surfaced on my door. I opened the door only to find my mothers' worried stature ; she immediately welcomed herself inside the room and held my cheeks in her palms.

" Honey, are you alright? You exited so fast I got scared for a second, are you having another attack ; I'm so sorry i should've been here with you since the morning —" Before she could blabber more I palmed her hands on my face and let them slide.

" I'm alright mom, you don't need to worry. It's just that i got a bit nervous about the whole wedding thing, and when I couldn't find luna i went outside my room to check and you know the rest " (A N : Please, remember the bold italic are all signed conversations. Whereas, the italics are the internal thought).

" Okay, then honey should I get you your lunch, I made your favourite kheer today. You like that right? " I nodded, as she left to get me food.

After a while, mom came with the lunch, and i started at it with luna sitting on my lap taking her afternoon nap. Everything was very quiet until my mother spoke " Honey, I know this marriage isn't happening by your choice and if anything, even the most tiniest thing bothers you please tell us. We'll do everything that we can, I order to protect you ; we couldn't the first time but this time we'll do anything. Okay ".she heaved as tears filled her eyes.

I knew my parents always carried the guilt, even when I constantly tried to convince them that it wasn't their fault. Ever since the night they found me and discovered about the loss of my voice. My parents became more protective towards me, it's not like they weren't before but after the incident ; they just sacrificed a lot for me for which although I'm grateful for but i can't carry the heaviness in my chest, when the the thought of me becoming a burden to them arises.

Laying my head on her lap, she started to gently caresses her fingers through my hair as I did the same for luna who was now sleeping in my arms.

My thoughts get scattered all over my head, as I remember a very distant memory as a child.

" Mom ? " I asked in a sleepy voice.  My mom caressing my hair hummed to my calling.

" When will i meet my prince? " I asked mommy as she  read me Cinderella today , the princess danced with the prince, she lost her shoe, he returned it and they lived happily. I also want that.

" Honey, when you'll be older of course you'll meet your prince one day ".

" You promise? "

" Yes, I promise. " She kissed my forehead.

" Will he bring a horse? "

" Honey, that I'm not sure of but maybe ".

" Will he love me like daddy? "

" Even more than daddy ".

" Really! "

" Cause our princess deserves a prince and nothing more ".

" I love you mommy "

" I love you too".

I was only 5 when mom told me about Cinderella, about the prince and about the happy ever after. And i believed that, but who knew 10 years later, the man in the shadows will ruin not only my dreams but wouldn't even let me sleep ; his torturous voice still echoes in my nightmares and even it has been many years, what he did will never be reversed. He stripped me off  my dreams to sing, to find my prince, to ever be able to okay again.

My eyes started to droop as I was slowly falling into my slumber. Suddenly, the door opened and my father entered my room , both me and mom's eyes went to meet with his. And he said something that will change my entire world.

" The don agreed to marry you " .

I hope you guys like the new chapter, do vote if you like it

. Next chapter will be about their wedding, so do share your views about this chapter.

. I'll see you guys in the next one.

. Spread love not hate ❤ .

. Bye 😘.