Chapter 22

My wife has not been  the same anymore

Ever since she has opened her eyes , her eyes always stare at a distance never once do they stop at mine.

It seems like I have lost her.
I still remember the moment she opened her eyes.

~flashback

" Don , your wife is conscious now ". Before the doctor could say anything I ran to see my wife only to be interrupted by the doctor.

" Don , you need to understand that she has faced a lot of trauma as of now , with her past experience with ptsd . I need you to be very vigilant towards her mannerisms  , even if it's  of slight difference from her usual self then you need to be there . I don't want to sugarcoat this but your wife has faced multiple concussions, broken leg along with many fractures and bruises all over the body affecting her vital organs , with a conditionlike this it will be very hard for your wife to conceive in  future . This time is very fragile for her mind you need to be wise about her  triggers . I will suggest therapy along with her physical therapy. ".

I couldn't talk anymore,  my breath seemed choked ,taking a deep inhale I stepped inside to see a mere corpse of my wife. My darling Alaya slept on the bed with her right foot elevated  a cast on her left hand and a flimsy hospital dress could not cover the hues of blue and purple all over her body , even her neck wrapped in a cast did nothing but crush my already broken heart.

As soon as I went near her to touch her hair she stopped my hand with her right one looking at me with terrified eyes. At that moment I truly felt what pain actually feels like. My own wife is afraid of me. Her hand left mine as she resumed staring afar. A drop after drop streamlined my cheeks  as I sat on the  chair slowly crying tears of vengeance.

After she seemed to have tire herself out , slowly succumbing to sleep .I kissed her hand and made a promise " I'll kill each and every person who did this to you I promise you or else I'll die trying .

Flashback ends ~

After her right leg got severely fractured , she was on a wheelchair when we brought her home. Ever since she has woken up she doesn't sign to anyone , even to her parents and when they give her a pen and paper , she tried to harm herself with the pen.

Ever since that incident , luna doesn't leave her side and it seems she's the only company my wife seems to prefer these days.

She has given up on food entirely.  When my mother -in - law insisted her to have food , she just looked away till she slept.

Her body is completely on iv fluids as she refuses to do anything.  She won't even let anyone touch her . Agatha seems to only give her a warm towel rub when she's asleep.