Chapter 19

Today I have planned something for Jake

I hope he likes it. It's been a wonderful week full of dates and spending time with each other.

With Jake I felt that I knew him from a long time.

I couldn't have imagined that the arrange marriage thing would ever have worked.

While I chop some vegetables to make the soup , I checked with the pie and assembled the dining table .

I grabbed some fresh flowers and arranged them in the flower vase.

After quickly finishing up on everything I went upstairs to get ready .

I hope he likes it.

These fucking Russians .

These goddamn motherfuckers always give me a headache. 

I've been sitting in this damn office for the whole day waiting to get a hold on that goddamn bastard who stole my shipment.

" I need answers and those answers better be on my fucking table when my jet lands in New York  ! Got it ".
My nostrils flared as I gave orders to my right hand man and declined the phone.

This honeymoon was supposed to be about me and my wife  but all it's turning out to be is : How to piss off Jake Wellington when he's happy?.
My wife , God she doesn't fucking complain  but I see the sadness in her eyes when it's something related to work.

It's our last day here and I just couldn't even do something for her.

I quickly headed out of my office only to find all the lights to be off and candles dimly lighting the pathway to the dining room where rose petals and candles were decorated in a beautiful pattern around the table.

Small click of foot steps made my eyes flick away from the table and towards the foyer where my wife wore a gorgeous red saree and taking her heavenly steps she reached the ground as an angel who stepped out of heaven.