Training attempt

Y/n's pov

"Miss Riddle, nice of you to finally join me." I didn't even realise that I was ten minutes late "I heard you sassed Mrs Burbage today."
"Honestly Professor I didn't ... I just corrected her on simple things she should know."

"Y/n I am doing as much research as I can on the great Merlin but my resources are limited. According to one or two books Merlins magic was easier to control when he felt a strong emotion. I want you to try to move this concrete block without a spell or incarnation, just use your mind. Focus your emotion onto the block."
I concentrated on trying to move the slab of concrete but it was no use, the only power I had felt like it was being drained out of me.
"It's not working."
"Y/n this is only the first attempt...don't stress, my dear. What emotion were you thinking of?"
"I was happy when I corrected Mrs Burbage in class."
"Try something stronger."

I tried to focus again, the slab of concrete was vibrating but not moving. It was a start.
"Y/n that is a lot better, but do your eyes normally go black."
"I think so... that's what has happened the past few times."
"What emotion were you thinking of?"
"I was thinking of the time that I was furious with my father for lying to me."
"Why don't you try a emotion with love in it."

My feet felt like they left the ground, that wants possible of course but it felt like it. My eyes turned black and I can feel the power surging through me. My mind drifted  to the first time I told Draco that I loved him, and when he pulled me into the kiss. That was my happiest memory, the memory of us two together.

I looked over to see that the block was on the other end of the room and crumbled to ash.
"Oh my god I did it. That feeling was amazing, I felt like I was flying!"
"More like levitating."
"What so I did actually leave the floor?"
"When you are that passionate about something Y/n strange things happen. Your eyes turned black any your feet left the floor, saying that this is your third try. That was absolutely astonishing! Imagine what you could do if you have more practice!"

The rest of the training went okay I blew up a few mor things. I even managed to lift a table and put it back down without breaking it! I felt good, it was nice to feel powerful.

I walked to my dorm room to find Draco reading on the bed. "How did it go?" He said quickly hiding his book under the covers.
"It actually went pretty good! I exploded three different concrete blocks with my mind!"
"Darling that's amazing."
"What are you reading?"
"Your going to laugh."
"No I'm not!"
"Well you mentioned that your favourite book is twilight so I have read the first one and now I'm on to the second. I don't understand how you can like these muggle books they're ridiculous! She's throwing herself of a cliff for a vampire to appear in her mind!"
"Well I think that it's beautiful, she misses him so much that she would harm herself just to see any version of him!"
"That is just pathetic. Well there is this party tonight in the Slytherin common room... do you want to come with me?"
"Yeah I'd love to."

I guess that it will be good to get away from all of the stress in my messed up mind. "Well I wasn't sure if you were going to say yes as you have been stressed out cause of your father, but just in case I kinda bought you a dress."
My cheeks flushed red, he bought me a dress. He actually went into a muggle shop, in the woman's section, by himself to get me a dress. That might seem like a bare minimum kind of thing but my last boyfriend was to embarrassed to by me some pink socks, so it meant a lot. "What?" He asked noticing that my cheeks have turned a dark shade of cherry.
"It's just a really sweet thing for you to do, thanks Dray... that means a lot." I stared into his grey eyes before quickly snapping out of my haze. "Draco... when is the party?"
"Don't worry it's at 10 so we have ages."
"Ages, ages! Draco I only have five hours to get ready!"
"It takes you five hours to get ready?"
"No it takes me 7!" I panicked.