𝚃𝚆𝙾

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Finally freeing his finger from her grip, he lent her an uncertain gaze before making his way out of her ward and straight to his cabinet on the same floor

After a long time, he visited India today. His parents are Indians but had acquired citizenship there in the states soon after their marriage. They are doctors in profession, which inspired Keshav to be one too.

Keshav completed his high school and twelve years of the path to be a psychiatrist in the US. Then, after he had earned the psychiatric board certification to practice his passion, he was employed in a famous hospital in New york.

Plus, he is still unmarried and the only sole reason is that he can't find the time to fall in love!

"Vishnu....!!" An ear-piercing shout made him straighten up from his seat and rush towards Vaanmathi's ward.

Two nurses entered her ward behind Keshav. "Why did you leave me!!" Her screams echoed in the room as she made herself a mess.

Her hands has been locked in her ruffled hair, as she trembled on the bed with tears flowing down her cheeks.

"You shall leave, I will handle her," Keshav said to the nurses, glancing at Vaanmathi. The two nurses unsurely looked at each other but obliged the doctor's order and left.

Hearing his tone, Vaanmathi's blurry eyes snapped to look at him. She was angry. Angry that he let her alone.

"You dare to leave me!!" She gritted, stepping down from the bed and approaching him in a manner that would have scared the life out of any human who hasn't been accustomed to this kind of scene often.

However, Keshav was very well familiar with such activities that he merely shook his head before walking towards her and locking both her hands behind with his one hand, in between her furious wriggling.

"Calm down" he clutched her arm and spoke gently. Vaanmathi suddenly remembered that it is her Vishnu and she could do anything for him.

Instantly, she stopped struggling. "Why did you leave me? I had bad dreams without you by my side" Keshav blinked once, and tried to look into her eyes that were curtained by her dense bristle.

"I want to sleep Vishnu. Don't leave me" Keshav decided to ask her about this Vishnu the next morning. Now she requires good rest.

"Okay.." He gave in for the sake of her relaxation and as he guessed so, she puddled up in the bed once Keshav left her hands.

She is the weirdest patient he had ever met.

As Vaanmathi slipped into sleep, Keshav asked the nurses to inject her with a sleeping doze.

No, he isn't planning to guard her the entire night and snooze in the uncomfortable chair.

Once the nurses proceeded with that, he vacated the asylum and made his way to the guest house that has been provided for his stay by Vaanmathi's parents. Her father had shared the location of the place with Keshav.

Keshav had arrived in India in late twilight and decided to take a look at the patient he was assigned and interested to treat. That is why he was in the asylum a few minutes ago.

Now that he had a good outlook of Vaanmathi, he opted to retreat to the guest house and relieve himself of the jet lag.

Upon attaining the guest house, a middle-aged security man opened the main gate and let him in. Keshav drove in and parked his car in the garage.

The house...well, the bungalow was exceptionally huge. Keshav processed while shifting inside it with his luggage.

As he stood in the enormously spacious living room, he couldn't help but amuse at the antique pieces fitted in certain corners and those historical paintings hung on the wall.

However, the one that made him quite stunned was the picture of a young girl, smiling delightedly while being kissed by her parents on either side of her cheeks. It seemed to be a candid picture, shot without the girl's knowledge, which made it look surreal.

It didn't take long for Keshav to recognize who the girl in the portrait was. Indeed it's Vaanmathi.

Keshav felt saddened the longer his gaze lingered on the picture. He could comprehend the amount of love her parents had for their daughter. Still, what made him more disheartened was Vaanmathi's current situation as he compared it with the one in the portrait.

He couldn't point out why but he had a strange urge to see the genuine happiness in Vaanmathi's face again.

Shaking his head, he diverted his attention from Vaanmathi and approached the room downstairs.

After freshening up, he had dinner that was prepared by the bungalow's cook, an old woman. He used to have Indian food often as his father is a die-hard fan of it and would beg his mother to make it every Sunday. So, the meal didn't catch him off guard.

Eventually, closing off the door in the living room, Keshav stalked to his room and readied himself to drift off into slumber.

Before he blacked out into unconsciousness, Vaanmathi's smiling self in the portrait crossed his mind.

........................

How was it guys?♥️