𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Check out chap six If you haven't yet♥️

Heeding Vaanmathi's howling, Keshav paused his activity and scrambled towards his patient's ward

The sight made him slightly disturbed. Not because she was appearing unnerving but due to witnessing the sheer ache in her wails...

Upon perceiving that Keshav is here, Vaanmathi lifted her head and called out. "Doctor" she continued sobbing and halted abusing her skin.

Her eyes pleaded with him to do something that could demolish these demons and nightmares she is experiencing.

Keshav went near her and placed a hand on her shoulder, an action intend to assert to her that he is here with her and there was nothing to worry about.

"Vaanmathi, look here. You are safe.." she gazed up at her doctor and pleaded. "Please stay with me...please...I beg you" Keshav positively nodded his head and sat beside her bed, on the chair.

Eventually, Vaanmathi's tears stopped and she sat numbly on the bed. Keshav was deducing her intently, he felt the very deep urge to protect her...and he was shocked by his thought. This hasn't happened with any of his previous patients.

"Vaanmathi" she stared at her doctor quietly. He wanted to ask her what had happened but at the same time, he did not want to affect her more.

Well, though the second option is quite logical and empathetic, as her doctor, it's his job to keep note of everything she is going through. Only then could he do something to help her.

Thus, he asked, "What happened?" Vaanmathi inhaled a breath before blurting out what she had seen and heard in her head.

Keshav instantly recognized she had encountered sleep paralysis. It was mildly common nowadays that people could see dark shadows in this state. However, heeding to voices wasn't conventional. It's rare.

There were very few cases where he had treated patients with such symptoms. It was certainly chilling to visualize even for Keshav...

It was a condition where we would be lying unconscious while our subconscious is awakened. We knew something terrible was occurring to us but we could not even move a single finger in our body. It will be horrendous...

Keshav reminded his knowledge of the concept.

"Doctor...can't you do something to stop these? I...

The girl whimpered as a sob rushed to her throat due to her overwhelming emotions. "I.... sometimes... wanted to die..." Keshav clutched her palm, soothingly.

"You will be alright.." he responded to her. His heart shrunk as he peeked into her eyes. Vaanmathi felt comforted at her doctor's assuring touch.

"I have to doctor...I want to meet my parents and be with them...smile with them...want to hug them..." And she broke down crying.

Keshav's body stiffened as he analyzed his patient. Being a completely mentally unstable person is one thing but knowing that we are having these abnormal symptoms and being sane at the same time is... excruciating.

Keshav sighed.

He squeezed his patient's palm and stayed with her until she quit weeping...

His work time was attaining the end but he planned to remain beside Vaanmathi. That night, just like a guardian angel, Keshav embraced Vaanmathi invisibly into his aura of security.

Keshav slept in the uncomfortable chair and for the very first time, he had the weirdest dream where...

A crown of the king appeared...then a royal chair. Then the scenery shifted to a forest where he saw red eyes glowing in the dark...

He then heard a girl's voice inside his dream, We met again...the tone seemed scary yet benign.

Keshav snapped his eyes open and shook his head, disturbed by the dream. Meanwhile, Vaanmathi was snoozing serenely under Keshav's presence.

Scrutinizing that Vaanmathi is okay, he disregarded the silly dream sequence and dozed again...

Keshav wasn't a person to get feared that soon. He has never been.

.......................

How was it guys?♥️