𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Check chap 13 before reading this!

Awaiting your comments ♥️

He shook his head slightly and again tumbled into deep thought

The first time, on the day of the full moon and her fifteenth birthday, she was turning into something spooky, by the facts said by Mithra. The second time, she became a lunatic and was admitted to the asylum. Notably, it occurred only a few days ahead of her eighteenth birthday. And the third instant, I was arriving in India when Vaanmathi hallucinated Vishnu. Not to forget, his looks are just like mine...

Keshav leaned against his chair.

In all these seven years of his career, he had never dealt with such a twisted case. Although it was headache-provoking, he craved to end this conundrum.

Composedly, he left his cabin and strolled the corridor. He saw a nurse exiting Vaanmathi's ward. "Hey.." He stopped her.

The middle-aged lady turned her scrutiny to him. "Yes, doctor?" Keshav wanted to ask her an important question that would confirm his prediction. "How many years were you been tending to Vaanmathi?" The nurse blinked her eyes but nevertheless, answered him.

"Past three years, why doctor?" She was confused. "That tells you knew well about her...so, this may sound kind of illogical or may not, but does Vaanmathi's conditions have gotten worse during full moon days?" Keshav carefully installed the question.

The nurse frowned, seemingly thinking, then suddenly her pupils dilated and she nodded. "Yes, doctor...on that day, she would be behaving more aggressively and screaming vigorously. But isn't it common for mental illness patients to exhibit such obnoxious demeanor during those days?" The nurse retorted, doubtfully.

"Not really. Though it was widely believed by most people, it isn't scientifically proven" Keshav replied even though he was uncertain now. All these years, he has believed it thoroughly even when his patients became a little more active on that day. However, considering all those clues he has collected in Vaanmathi's case, every one of his disbelief has been continuously proved right and he has no other way but to trust them.

"Doctor...science is found by humans just to justify the magical things that we could not understand. But still, there are things existing in our world which were beyond the comprehension of science..." The nurse shrugged and left the place.

Keshav was step by step accepting the scandalous fact too. Thus, this suggests...there will be some different things taking place on the next full moon to Vaanmathi. Keshav processed it in his head and reminded himself to note the date of the next whole phase of the moon.

He then tilted his face and looked into Vaanmathi's room through the glass located on the door. The girl was combing her nest for hair using a comb, accompanied by a painful expression on her face. Keshav smiled glancing at her.

That evening, Keshav left the asylum at sharp 6 after announcing his departure to his patient. She seemed completely alright and did not request him to stay with her too. One part of Vaanmathi, desperately wanted her doctor to remain next to her but her sensible part knew, that would be just purely lending difficult sleeping conditions to him as he was required to snooze on the uncomfortable chair.

Reaching the bungalow, Keshav freshened up and plopped on his bed. He then stared at the ceiling, reminiscing about Vaanmathi.

Just like that, he didn't know when he fell into slumber.

Those red eyes were hypnotizing. Keshav followed behind them in the deep dark forest. He could not divert his attention from those sparkling, deathly eyes. Near a large branched wilted tree, the eyes stopped moving. But Keshav was still approaching the formless being, in a daze.

When he was only a few distances away from the pair of eyes, a light shade of reddened hand belonging to the unknown being emerged out of nowhere. It had black lengthy nails projecting from its five fingers. Keshav, still wafting in reverie, slowly raised his hand to touch the strange hand.

As his fingers were inches away from grazing it, the hand suddenly wrapped itself around Keshav's neck, squeezing his life out. He escaped from the mystic being's mind control and struggled to pull himself out of it but quit when a girl's voice whispered, "you belong to me.." it repeated itself again and again and with each attempt, the voice got louder and louder. In the end, Keshav had to shut his ears. The last thing he saw before waking up to reality was those same pair of red enthralling eyes.

........................

How was it guys?♥️